Sick dog help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Labs will be labs, when my ole boy was a pup he ate a toad and that was the last time, had the same exact symptoms. One other time he ate a sock and it blocked him up real good, once again the same symptoms. The vet gave him a laxative and the next day he passed the whole dam thing.....one hour later he was eating like a horse and drank a whole bowl of water. I hope for you sake you dog is ok....sounds like its just being a 1yr lab.

Thanks a lot fellers

Xrays, poo, and blood tests were all good. Doc said she had to of ate something with a lot of bacteria.

They pumped her full of liquids, and gave me about $200 worth of meds. Said if she keeps vomiting shell need hospitalized but she should be fine

Yall ain't kidding about labs eating everything. She's worse than our goats.

Thanks for the good wishes!
Now I gotta figure out to pay for this bill:shock::shock:

My lab ate one of my chocolate chip cookies that I grabbed this morning. I only grabbed two, and as soon as I turned my back, he grabbed one. I never even saw it. He was laying there like he was asleep. Wasn't even licking his chops like I would have expected. Hid it very well!

Guess I should be glad he left me one. :wink:

For what it's worth, I managed inventory/purchaing for a multimillion dollar animal hospital for a number of years. The worst for foreign bodies were labs, goldens, and german sheppards believe it or not. Our worst offender was a Chicago Police Sheppard that kept eating the handler's kid's pacifiers. Bigkat650 mentioned that "possibly the stomach has flipped". That's called bloat in the bizz and for good reason. The abdomen is bloated, because the stomach is twisted, and is a super serious and very life threatening problem that almost always requires surgery. I say almost because on the rare occasion, the stomach can be massaged back into working order. All that said, your vet did what vets should so. X-rays first, and while those are being run, do a fecal and draw blood. Glad to hear that's treatable and you're on the right track. Give your girl some extra love.

My Chesapeake once grabbed a full bottle of fish oil capsules off the counter, chewed her way into the bottle and ate every last one. Her coat was nice and shiny for about 3 months!! I can't leave Parmesan cheese on the counter either :mrgreen:

Latest posts