Smackdaddy's "Pole Dancer" 1652 Polar Kraft flush deck jet b

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Added some 3/8" aluminum angle to my jackplate to get the motor higher so at full height the prop is above the bottom of my hull. I have a custom prop being made right now by master prop guru Jack Foreman and also a TexAll Aluminum trailer that actually fits my boat! I also got my Bob's transom mount low water pickup in and will be adding it soon. It allows you to keep water pressure no matter how high you raise the motor.
The removeable kayak rack and front casting platform are next on my list.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427000513.785378.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427000605.069604.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1427000641.084669.jpg

I like how those trim tabs worked out with the pods, sweet clean work man.

How has that coating on the bottom worked out? Lots of oyster shells where I fish. Also, what kind of boat/hull was that originally? I like the "modified V-hull". Mine is straight flat bottom, but I love my polling platform.

-Kris

kristian1214 said:
How has that coating on the bottom worked out? Lots of oyster shells where I fish. Also, what kind of boat/hull was that originally? I like the "modified V-hull". Mine is straight flat bottom, but I love my polling platform.

-Kris
I don't care what coating you put on the bottom of a boat, it will get torn up. The bottom of my boat looks like I poled across a bunch of oyster shell (because I did) but it can be re-coated. Gator Glide is some tough stuff.
The original hull is mentioned in the beginning of my thread.

Installed Bob's transom low water pickup and plugging intake holes except bottom one this next days off. No lost water pressure after this! A few more things to scratch off the list to make her skinny skinny.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429852722.708832.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1429852746.220543.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1429852763.379622.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1429852782.872541.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1429852800.248172.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1429852819.407240.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1429852832.347592.jpg

I just finished reading all 32 pages…wow. Thank you! =D> You have a gift.
Congrats on your little guy! Time will sure fly by now.

Have you made any progress on your Yak holders?

just went through your whole build saga good build thread man. If your wife is anything like mine I can imagine yall having some interesting convos about that boat. Its definitely a good looking rig.

She is just glad I love to fish and work on stuff instead of bar hopping and running around.
Thanks guys, the new trailer is on the way and will be here next week. Went with a TexAll aluminum trailer built in Montgomery, Texas which is 3 hours away. I dropped the boat off and sold the trailer it was on the next day for about what I had invested in it so I am happy!
No kayak racks on her yet but there will be.

Haha that's cool man low expectations... Did you ever gps the speeds I'd imagine that motor will push it pretty good.

33mph was the best I got out of it but I am getting a different prop so I can get max rpm. I think 35-37 would be the max for that hull no matter what motor I put on it. I want hole shot anyway, speed is not my concern.

Latest posts