Smackdaddy's "Pole Dancer" 1652 Polar Kraft flush deck jet b

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am picking up the new trailer and my baby tomorrow. Not real happy the guy could not figure out how to make transom straps work but I will figure something out...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430403569.949398.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430403586.072695.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1430403595.862300.jpg

I have only seen limited information on these on other threads and pretty much anywhere else and figured I would add to the database. I could run 30mph in 3-4" jacked all the way up but would get the temperature alarm after a few seconds. The purpose of this is to be able to run with my prop above the hull and maintain water pressure when running skinny. The new prop will stay hooked up way high.

I recently moved my jackplate up another 3" and added a low water transom pickup. It is no Maverick but I did 95% of the fabrication my self on the entire boat. I am getting a custom prop from Jack Foreman Monday and running it to see what she does. I also tapped and plugged all but the bottom two water pickups to get more suction through the transom tube but still prime the water pump on start up. I just put 30 hours on this freshly rebuild Mercury 90 ELPTO 2 stroke. She runs like a top. The lower unit is brand new.

I will add photos of plugged lower unit water pickup holes tomorrow, I did not get any today.

I got my Boat Buckle straps installed today because the trailer guy could not figure out how to make them work without touching the pods with the strap AND clear the tail lights. "Custom" is a term used all too commonly by fabricators today.
Before...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430619895.437252.jpg
After I got it home...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430619920.583167.jpg
Nothing touches, all I added was a 78" piece of 2 1/2" square tubing and an led light for the license plate.

After looking at the bunks more I decided to call the trailer builder and tell him to be expecting an invoice because the "welded" bunks are 1" off center so my whole boat is off to one side and the welds look like a kid did them. I am having the crossmembers and bunks completely replaced because the welds are going to have to be cut/ground off and I refuse to settle for sub-par work.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430713677.114624.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1430713690.390535.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1430713709.196387.jpg

Smack this is such a sweet rig man!

Nothing more frustrating that getting sub par work. If you pay for a service then it should be done right, and done right the first time! There's nothing more frustrating than having something like this happen.

Keep up the good work,

Sam

I got off the phone with the owner of the trailer shop and he is paying for my gas and rebuilding the trailer. I told him I want the bunks TIG welded and I want the bunks to contact the hull correctly. He said it will be ready next week.
I got the Jack Plate brace fabbed up this morning. It really made the jack plate solid now that I added 6" more height to it.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430776868.767080.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1430776878.389567.jpg

Good to hear the trailer shop is taking care of the shoddy workmanship. Everyone makes mistakes, it's how people deal with them that stands out.
Excellent job on your boat...wtg

All I can say is wow!

I just went through all 33 pages and loved every second of it. What an amazing boat that I would absolutely love to have.

Thanks bud. I am picking it up Friday and taking her to test a few different props and get one that will make her jump out of the hole fast.
The brackets/welds look much better than the previous ones. I had him strip all the crossmembers and start over from scratch.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431435671.561904.jpg

Those welds look much much better and Im glad you got it all worked out.

If you can take some videos of that boat in motion as I would love to see how she runs. Again what a great build.

HeavyHook said:
Those welds look much much better and Im glad you got it all worked out.

If you can take some videos of that boat in motion as I would love to see how she runs. Again what a great build.
Here is the second day of breaking in the Mercury 90ELPTO after having it completely rebuilt. 33mph is not bad for the wrong prop. I have a new prop with the correct pitch, shape and cup coming Friday.
https://youtu.be/q3LwV-3oLy8

Well, this thread just got 33 new page views outta me.

Incredible mods - really have enjoyed reading every page.

Makes my little project seem kind of silly.

Cool trailer, I wanna get an aluminum one for my boat one of these days...Those welds look a lot cleaner too, looks like they didn't clean the aluminum up enough and got a dirty weld.

The bare hull was around 500#. Fully rigged, fueled up and 90 quart ice chest half full of ice weighs around 1400#.
Looking at Lithium batteries to shave weight. A 24v lithium weighs about 24# and a 12v is 11#. 35 pounds total vs 240# is a big savings.

Latest posts