Small battery for Fish Finder...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbw

Reaction score
Anyone using a small battery for your Fish Finder etc? I wanted to separate my Fish Finder wires and use of battery from all other items so at Wal-Mart couple weeks back I purchased a small Lawn mower battery, for 19 dollars. Seems to do pretty good fished four hours and battery still showed 100 percent charge...

That is exactly what i use. I have been using it for 2 years and have only charged it a couple of times. It will run my fishfinder for a couple of months when used 2 or 3 hours at a time a couple of times a week. I never realy have to worry about it. I check it every couple of weeks to make sure it still has a charge but will still run the fishfinder when half drained.

I run one, as I get too much interference running my KeepAlive and FF off the same battery. I bought the smallest mower battery Wal Mart sells. Works great....lasts quite a long time.

Another option is the batteries that are used for Vexilar ice fishing finders. I have a regular finder that I converted to use ice fishing, for that one I went on eBay and if you do a search for UPS battery it is the same thing, they are used for computer battery back ups and emergency securtiy lights. Think I picked mine up for under $10, lasts all day without hardly dropping voltage.

CBGale2 said:
Another option is the batteries that are used for Vexilar ice fishing finders. I have a regular finder that I converted to use ice fishing, for that one I went on eBay and if you do a search for UPS battery it is the same thing, they are used for computer battery back ups and emergency securtiy lights. Think I picked mine up for under $10, lasts all day without hardly dropping voltage.

Sweet Idea. I have a 9amp (9000mah) 12volt UPS battery that I might use for a fish finder. When you say you can use it all day, how many hours is that 5 or 6?

Latest posts