Small bilge pump

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Froggy

Reaction score
Close to Lake George, NY , Saratoga Lake.
I want to install a small bilge pump in my jon, you just leave them sitting on the floor? Is there a way to drill the screen to the floor without going thru the bottom, I got this transom brace, maybee an L aluminum bracket as low as possible, then install the bilge. makes sense? or are there other tricks? thanks

On my old boat I water proofed a small piece of paneling attach the pump to itand then gued the paneling to the floor of the boat atthe rear. Worked great.

I used a square of sheet metal. Drilled holes in the sheet, zip tied the pump to is, then expoxyd the sheet metal to the bilge area. Worked out pretty well.

Use 5200 to glue the screen down to the floor of the hull. Just don't use so much you clog the intake strainers. I did like that in this image, the cup full of screws is to keep it weighted down for gluing. I just put about 10 little pencil eraser sized spots on it to glue it down, works great, so far.
file.php

Rat said:
Use 5200 to glue the screen down to the floor of the hull. Just don't use so much you clog the intake strainers. I did like that in this image, the cup full of screws is to keep it weighted down for gluing. I just put about 10 little pencil eraser sized spots on it to glue it down, works great, so far.
file.php

What kind of screen did you use?

The screen/strainer is the one off my bilge pump. The pump just clips into the screen/strainer; I removed the pump and glued down the screen/strainer like you see. Nothing special...