Soft water season is about over, now what?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hanr3 said:
I love to go bambi hunting, however finding a place is getting harder every year. Clubs are leasing all the land from teh farmers, turning around and charging the big city boys from chicago big bucks to hunt them. Just not worth $1,200 a year to lease the land for a couple of deer. Especially when the permit is only $15. Seriously considering Bow hunting, finding property to hunt is easier, plus the season is longer, much longer. 4 months compared to 7 days (shotgun), There is a Black powder and used to be a Handgun season as well. In fact this Friday is the start of a 3 day first shotgun season. 2 weeks later is 2nd season and its Thursday - Sunday. Should be a great year this year. The deer are in rut right now. Everyday this week there have been at least 2-3 vehicle-deer accidents. Despite the unseasonable warm weather, the deer have been moving, especially at dusk and dawn.

If any of you are driving through central Illinois the next few weeks, do yourself a favor. Leave plenty of stopping distance betwen you and the next guy. Deer get real goofy this time of year, they got one thing on thier minds, sex. There going to "get some" even if it kills them, and in some cases it does.

In fact I passed two seperate vehicle-deer accidents tonight on my way home from work.

Not much for Duck, if cooked wrong it tastes like a nasty dry fart smells.

I don't blame you about the club dues and the leasing. If it weren't for family, good neighbors and good friends giving me permission to hunt their property, I don't know where I'd be hunting. Cause I definitely can't afford to pay club or lease fees either.

Latest posts