spinning reel

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianlt21

Reaction score
Well I found my new rod so now i need a nice reel for if I just bought a St Croix med heavy rod for throwing crank baits, chatter baits, and some other heavy stuff but need a reel. Someone told me to by a 3500 or 4000 reel to catch more line up quicker but need some input on that.

I have a Symetre that I really like. Mine is the 750 that I use for Walleye and Crappie. The 4000 has a 5.7:1 gear ratio with a line cap of 10/200, the 3000 has a 6.2:1 ratio with a line cap of 8/170.

If you can find one - get a Sedona pretty much the same reel as a Symetre except of the outside design. The Sedona is discontinued now so you can get some really good deals if you look around

If not, I also suggest a Symetre for your purposes

I am also abit of a torque junkie. I have a Abu Garcia 503 ALB that I really like it has a 5.1:1 gear. You can get a 504ALB. Its all aluminum body and holds 200 yards of 10lb line as well. It is abit cheaper priced but it also has 10 ball bearings.

Latest posts