stability of a 15 42 flat bottom

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also have a 1542 and am curious. In the process of adding a deck with a couple of hatches. I walked around on the front bench and it seemed stable before.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1423277447385.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423277447385.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 750
Hey, I decked out my 1436 lowe jon boat last season. I was pretty impressed with the stability. Of course, your not on a nice sturdy fiberglass bass boat so the closer to center you are the more stable it will be, obviously. I also put a back deck on my boat. The biggest problem is when you have another person fishing with you, and they make sudden movements on the back of the boat, and that may make you hit the deck, if you know what I mean lol. I would recommend the smallest profile seat you can put up front. The thin hydraulic post stands are the best with a butt seat because the closer to the sides you get the more it will tilt on you. It was more stable than I expected, and i am sure with your boats being wider, it will be a little more stable for you. If you are older with any problems with your legs or balance, I wouldn't recommend it though, could lead to an accident. Good luck and tight lines.
1238320_10201884586580214_1946357360_n.jpg

as you can see i had the permanent seat posts that used the big seats, which I wish I hadnt used, but the other type were just too much added on to what I already spent, and the wife wasn't having it lol

Latest posts