Starcraft Conversion to Center Console Question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djakup01

Reaction score
Last year I fixed up an old 14ft starcraft, and fished it all summer and fall. It is too small, so I was looking at gutting this 16ft in the first picture, aiming for a layout something like the second photo.

I am wondering if anyone has any ideas, suggestions, or reasons it might not be a good idea. Also is anyone has any thoughts ideas on how to address the splash well, to either make it smaller or be able to eliminate it. I am al little worried it just takes up to much space for a center console layout to work well.

16fthull.jpg

16ftcenterconsole.jpg

Thanks for the input.

If you need to replace the transom, you could raise it high enough to eliminate the splash well when replacing. Then you want to re-engineer the bracing for the transom and rear of the boat to make up for the lost structure. Hard to tell from the photo how big the foredeck is on the 16, You may need to trim back the foredeck in order to have room for the console and front seating.

What's the make / model and year?

ETA - misread your first post. I understand Starcraft have aluminum / wood transoms.

Do you know if the transom is structural aluminum or contains wood also?

The splash well probably creates a bulkhead that is structural - but likely can be modified to create the space you need for a CC.

I'd love to see more pictures and comments. I'm in the middle of something similar.

Latest posts