Starcraft model Help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kier

Reaction score
I purchased a pre 1972 starcraft with out Hull ids and without capacity plate. The boat is 14 feet long and 48 inches wide at bottom. The transom is 54 at top and at the oarlocks it is 57 inches across the top. I dont know how to measure depth. I think it is a seafarer, sea scamp, or super star. I will attach pics shortly.

Based on the transom and that it does not dip down it looks like a sea scamp, but the sea scamp does not have a 54 inch transom like this one does. The super star has a straight transom and 54 inch width but has four seats. I am confused. I have attached a copy of brochure I found online. Any help would be welcomed.

Attachments

• Classafied_pic2.jpg
    Classafied_pic2.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 841
  • scan0019.jpg
    scan0019.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 843
To play devil's advocate: What makes you think it's a starcraft? One of the reasons that I'm asking is looking at the rear corner braces with built-in handles, they don't match the rear corner braces on the brochure that you posted. The braces on your boat have a nice curve to them, while the ones in the brochure appear to have a triangular shape to them.

Honestly, I don't know a whole lot about boats of that generation but you may want to look at other years or manufactures in the same timeframe.

Good luck!

There are stars printed on the curved transom brackets. Near the bacl on the port and starboard sides there is markings were the boat company emblem was. It is _ _ _ _ craft telling from the not so faded paint under the emblem

It is a Starcraft...go here to learn and get info about it..
https://forums.iboats.com/forum/owners-groups-by-manufacturer/s/starcraft-boats