Stolen Carolina Skiff....Going Tin

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roosterrusek

Reaction score
So some tool stole my 18.5 foot Carolina Skiff in Nov. I have no illusions of getting it back and the budget says something smaller right now. Always wanted to get a johnboat and convert it to a flats boat so here we go...any advice up front? I am thinking a 15-16 footer that I can easily get into the back waterways Jacksonville's intercostal areas. I want something that will get me on the water now, and then when I get my new house I can rip it apart and clean it and customize it.

Any advice is welcome....thanks and will be here for advice on a regular basis.

Paul

Good morning and welcome aboard,

Advice you bet LOL Take you're time, think it through. If you want to get skinny keep it light, no wood. look through the build section you may get a few ides. Whatever you think its going to cost in time and money add 30% I prefer welded Jon's but that doesn't mean riveted ones are not good, I just think welded ones are a little better.

A mod-V with a flat bottom or very little deadrise will be best. Good luck with your build.

Welcome bud, sorry to hear some son of a b stole your boat. A buddy of mine had his Gheenoe low tide stolen, come to find out the guy whom had it was tryin to sell it on Craigslist and he got it back. Point being, keep your eyes open and you might just get lucky.

Sorry about your boat.

Google "all of craigs" and use the ad huntr search engine to enter key phrases that pertain to your boat. They might sell it soon, but not list it by name. Try to remember any characteristics the boat had that set it apart from other boats, think like a thief. Be clever. You may get lucky.

Welcome to the Forum :)

I'm west of you, on the intercoastal, near Ft Walton Bch. If you post a picture, I'll watch for it. Was it trailered or docked? You know, there was a time when no one dared mess with a guy's boat, motor, even crab or bait traps. I think 'fishhead respect' and fear had a lot to do with that. Now, it happen's every night, and a load of buckshot in a thief's butt means WE get sued! It's just not right.

My 1436 jon is more stable than I thought. But I don't stand up in it. I keep the center of gravity as low as possible.

Latest posts