Stupid Daiwa

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadCatX

Reaction score
So - more of a brief rant...I have been notorious in the past when it comes to breaking rods...But I just bought a Daiwa rod - medium action - I will say it was a refurb..

I got maybe 2 trips and 4 hours total fishing time with it and it broke. I made a regular cast the other day and it snapped about 2 eyes down...just POP and broke... :evil:

Nah just gonna have to eat the costs...I was able to find a Shakespeare to hold me over for 9 bucks at walmart.

Certain Shakespeare rods are ok. I have 2 of there graphite Excursion ones that are decent and are pretty light. They still don't compare to a quality graphite rod but for $15 to $20 you can't go wrong if you need another rod.

I have sent 3 rods back (well the same model broken thrice, once was my fault) to Daiwa and they replaced them for free. I didn't put an explanation in the rod tube when it was my fault. I would have told them had they asked :mrgreen:

Latest posts