Sunday boat shopping :o

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbw

Reaction score
I went and looked at three boats locally in newspaper ads. Well all three turned out to be not what the ads stated. One was pretty good deal but they didn't have a title or ownership information, so that killed the deal. The others were just junk with some huge dents.

My thoughts do I wait it out as winter is coming I'm sure more will come up for sale or do I buy new? I see BPS has the 1436 weld here for 750 and a trailer at local place here is 289 for 14 ft jon boat trailer :eek: Then I would still need motor and tm :eek: Thoughts?

Wait and lurk! Start hitting the Ads and just watch the pattern. Right around the holidays you will see a spike of boats for sale (people need the money for XMAS and Stuff). And then in the Spring......If no super deal, you can always get the boat and trailer with the price you know.

Jim said:
Wait and lurk! Start hitting the Ads and just watch the pattern. Right around the holidays you will see a spike of boats for sale (people need the money for XMAS and Stuff). And then in the Spring......If no super deal, you can always get the boat and trailer with the price you know.

Good thought forgot about people needing Christmas money :eek:

Yeah, bad time to buy a boat now, the season is winding down, and all the folks who've not had all Summer are still itching to get one. Wait it out a month or three, then start looking hardcore, for Christmas money, or even later than that - the Winter blues, the thing has been sitting in the yard so long, their wives are bugging them about it, etc, etc.

Just don't try to get one early Spring, everyone has lake fever then :)

Yeah,
I was pretty close to pulling the trigger a couple times on a 14' recently but storage space at home is currently taking precedence. It seems like in early fall people are scrambling to buy jon boats for duck hunting so waiting couple months sounds good.

-now, if I just had some time to rearrange and toss a bunch of crap out of my garage I could justify the purchase!

Just put a piece or two in some random truck bed as you walk by every day, before long - problem solved.

Works better if you live in an apartment complex or packed neighborhood :)

Don't buy new. Specially those trackers. Too heavy in comparison to others. You won't have any problems with riveted boats. To date, we have had 7 of them, within the past year, Ages anywhere from 10 to 50 years old, and none had troubles. Even if they did, a coat of Gluv it will fix it.

Latest posts