Sunday fishing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BassGeek54

Reaction score
This is probably nothing to you guys but it was cool to me and I don't have anyone to tell that gets it.

As some fo you guys know this is only about my 3rd year fishing and I can't get enough of it. On Sunday I went down to Pinchot lake, launched the boat and headed over to a little inlet area. I saw a little patch of grasses growing near the shoreline that looked promising. I had a square bill crankbait on. I cast it right to the edge of the grass and the bait hit the water...as soon as it hit a nice little 2 lb large mouth hit it on the surface. It was so cool I never had that happen before. I didn't get a picture of it because just as I got the hook out of his mouth I dropped him in the water.

Thanks for listening.

Well you are right on both counts - I have had it happen like that and it is still really cool

It is stuff like this that will keep you coming back for another cast - WTG and thanks for sharing

Top water bites are 10x more exciting than any other with bass. congrats.. sounds like fun.. you ought to try some rage toads or other frog lures in those areas.. lots of fun

you ought to try some rage toads or other frog lures in those areas

I actually had a frog tied on to my one other rod that I left in the truck...I was kind of kicking myself for that. The wife is always asking why I want to take 5 or 6 rods with me....well that is why. I will be out trying for more of those this weekend. Thanks guys.