Super Bright LED's

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theyyounggun

Reaction score
Ordered 4 20 inch strips. There actually going on my truck but if we like them some are going on the boat. but the question is...do you have to use fuses? How could I wire them in to the fuse box or could just go straight - and +?

It's always p[referable to use fuses on any device or accessory connected to a battery, and preferably with the fuse located close to the battery. This way, if there is a short, it won't cook the wiring running to the accessory.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=318594#p318594 said:
PSG-1 » Today, 08:20[/url]"]It's always p[referable to use fuses on any device or accessory connected to a battery, and preferably with the fuse located close to the battery. This way, if there is a short, it won't cook the wiring running to the accessory.
Preciate it. The website says they run 480 mA. Which is .48 A. I was going to use two strips per fuse. And 3 A fuses?

Use the smallest amp fuse that will still provide the required voltage and amps. The spec sheet to the lights should tell you the values needed.

+1 to what baileyboat said. Run the smallest amperage you can run without it popping. For instance, if your accessory draws 3 amps, then, run a 3 amp fuse, don't try to run more fuse than the accessory needs, wiring or other components can be damaged.

As for the super bright LED's....they have good products. I've ordered a few times from them, got some LED festoon bulbs for my nav lights, as well as a set of MR-16 LED's for my prow lights. Those MR-16's are as bright as 55 watt halogens, but with a minimal amount of amp draw from the battery. All of the lighting on my jetboat is LED's, including the instruments on the console. I can run every single light on my boat, and there's only about 1/2 a volt of drop on my voltmeter.

Latest posts