susky river runner 1648 MV Mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guy's thanks for your feedback!! I am excited to get working on it again. I got the trolling motor mounted on the ol' girl this evening and hopefully I can post some more pics up for ya.
@ Dectur I'm not sure what kind of hatch lids they are, I forgot the name of them. I ordered them online from BPS. I do feel VERY safe to stand on them. They are designed for that, and to be honest w/ you I was a little leery at first but I am a big guy I weigh about 275lbs. so if they hold me I feel they are rather safe. I will check out BPS later tonight and check up on the name of them for you.
@ Ictalurus not sure yet if I'm going to paint them yet but I will keep that in mind. And if you can paint them what type of paint should I use.
Thanks again guys for your feedback.

Yes I have it already on the boat. I'll have to post up some pics of it. It is a bow mount min kota PD v2. I mounted it to the side because it will provide more legroom up in the front, and I will still be able to open the newly installed hatch. I also have another hatch I'm going to in stall on the rear bench seat to provide a little more extra storage room. I'll try and post some more pics for you guy's to see. I am trying to take my time w/ it, to make it look good and most important safe.

Here is the rear hatch I installed on the rear bench seat for some added storage. The hatches that I installed are designed to "stand - on". I have stood on them and they do seem to be sturdy enough for me. I ordered them from BPS. They are made by TH Marine.

Attachments

• rear hatch.JPG
    rear hatch.JPG
    256.5 KB · Views: 913
Thank you! I have a few more little things to do but I think I'm just about done w/ the mod. I'm pretty happy w/ the way it turned out, I think it looks pretty well I just can't wait to try her out.

Whoops! didn't mean to post that twice. But anyway any and all feed back is appreciated. A lot of thought and planning went into my boat. I wanted to build a nice deck on the front and still be close to the water in the back so I can crab from it. I do like all of the extra storage now, and with the extra storage I have eliminated the use for carrying around a separate tackle box as now I can stow all of my tackle in the storage areas. I would like to add a little lighting for some night time fishing, and maybe also a fish/depth finder, but for now it will be fine w/out those things until I can scrounge up some more money. I would like to thank everyone on here for posting pics and reading the forums to help give me some really good ideas. :beer:

Nice job !!!!!!! Where did you get the seats from ? are they removable and do they swivel

Thanks Fishy Itch and vanbc. The seats, I bought were from Bass Pro. Yes they do swivel, :mrgreen: and yes you can remove them. :mrgreen: They are a little pricey which does suck but they sure are comfy.