Swimming Jigs

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAPALA

Reaction score
I have used these Swimming Jigs for about 4 years and catch walleye with them.Here are some new colors I call them Bloodspatter.What do you think?Do you think they will catch fish or not,I like to see what every body thinks before I paint anymore.

BLOODSPATER002-2.jpg

BLOODSPATER003-1.jpg

They look great but no walleye here.(echo,echo,echo)How would they do for large/small mouth bass,crappie,and blue gill?I can't tell how big the hook is.I've caught bass on a polished brass spoon with a double leg trailer that was shaped like those.

I have caught large & small mouth on these jigs.The jig come in 3 sizes 3/8 oz. with a 2/0 hook,1/4 oz. 1/0 hook,1/8oz. no.4 hook.I have poured all these sizes in all these colors.I am going to try the 1/8oz. on crappie this spring.

lureshop021.jpg

1/4oz.
lureshop019.jpg

3/8 oz.

I recognze that style of swimming jig from Norris Lake yeers ago - they were pretty popular for trolling. The smaller ones look real interesting too. Do you cast, troll or jig them? (or all three)?

I cast and jig them.I use round heads with feathers but these fall slower,and have more action.No one around here fish with them that i no of.I believe that a fish gets like anything else.after you see the same jig over and over again they queit bitting.I try to use some thing different.And most of the time it works.Like at one lake I fish when walleye are there most will use orange head & orange feathers.Thats all they will use.

Latest posts