T-Motor mounting bracket

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check out tricked tins on YouTube. Matt just got a boat in his shop with a TM bracket from tiny boat nation that might help.
I managed to sit through about 3 minutes of that video. Didn’t get to the part about the bracket. Not a fan.

Same here, made my own small wood deck on my 14' tinnie and used the MK plate for a mount, still goin strong after 25 years
I have a minnkota quick release bracket that has served me well for many years. I suppose I could build a TM base up with wood but looking to avoid that. I have one inch thick recycled plastic that’s fantastic for marine use, but heavy. Used it on boats in the past.
This unit looks like a simple clean alternative.

I managed to sit through about 3 minutes of that video. Didn’t get to the part about the bracket. Not a fan.
I wasn't a fan at first. Once you watch a couple you will find he has a lot of good information he gives for free. The Tiny Boat bracket will work but it is flimsy and looks like a head ache waiting to happen. Not a fan of TBN as thier videos are nothing but one big advertisement.

I wasn't a fan at first. Once you watch a couple you will find he has a lot of good information he gives for free. The Tiny Boat bracket will work but it is flimsy and looks like a head ache waiting to happen. Not a fan of TBN as thier videos are nothing but one big advertisement.
Not real familiar with TBN.
As far as that video. I tend to respect a person that can share his knowledge and skill without the need to bash others work, the sign of a true master of his craft.

After looking at the link you posted for the TM bracket, I suggest .125” thick 5 series aluminum would work fine, as long as it is attached to the boat sufficiently. The bracket itself, with flanges on three sides will be very rigid preventing flex. The method used to attach this bracket to the boat will determine how well it works, or how long it lasts. Not a fan of pop rivets used in structural applications.

After looking at the link you posted for the TM bracket, I suggest .125” thick 5 series aluminum would work fine, as long as it is attached to the boat sufficiently. The bracket itself, with flanges on three sides will be very rigid preventing flex. The method used to attach this bracket to the boat will determine how well it works, or how long it lasts. Not a fan of pop rivets used in structural applications.
My thoughts on it as well.

I just saw this. Looks like a bracket I made for mounting a bow mounted TM. Which I was planning on in the future. I built another mount for the transom mount I reversed the head on . Then later was going to remove it and put the bow mount right on.587EF094-E4C1-480F-82E1-7298123918C9.jpeg

elevated deck on jon boat for TM mount....not only was the elevated deck useful for the TM, but useful for getting in/out of the boat....especially shoving off shore and a place to put your knee.....

Attachments

• 100971-565281ad32dfd984dbeb8c23981842a7.png
    100971-565281ad32dfd984dbeb8c23981842a7.png
    851.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
delete

Last edited:

Latest posts