Tackle purchase poll!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you pay $100 to save 20% for one year?

• Yes! I make enough purchases to quickly cover the $100

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • No! I don't buy enough to warrant it.

Votes: 23 46.0%
  • No! I make 1-2 purchases per year so i can wait for sales.

Votes: 11 22.0%

• Total voters
poolie said:
Man, you guys have way more self control with buying tackle than I do. I always buy in $50 or $100 amounts so I get free shipping. No telling how many times I've bought $10 more worth of jigs or something just to save $6 in shipping.

Oh....you're not alone with that practice. No way do you get to claim ownership of this. [-X :LOL2:

Waterwings said:
BaitCaster said:
Waterwings said:
I don't recall buying any fishing-related items last year.

You must be joking!!

Nope, not joking, lol. I fished maybe one time last year at my brother-in-law's pond, got snagged, cut the line, and haven't fished since. My boat didn't even see the water last year, and has been in the garage since Oct-Nov of 2009. Sad state of affairs, lol. Hopefully will makeup for lost time this year. :)

I think some of the Tin-Boaters should organize an intervention.....

I voted yes but it would depend on the shop.. I just got home from the outdoor show in Harrisburg what a cluster!!!
i also stopped at the bass pro shop and dropped well lets say a bunch of money... i will give a hint that my military discount was $65. and nothing came out of pocket... all gift cards And reward points

I voted no only because I travel so much for work and go to so many different tackle shops. So far I've been to 21 different Bass Pro Shops. :D

If I didn't travel for work, I would spend $100 to save 20% only if there was free shipping and there were no limitation on types or brands I could buy. I am a sucker for a good deal and check the below sites on a daily basis for non-fishing deals:
slickdeals.net
dealsofamerica.om

fender66 said:
Basstackledepot.com has got 20% off everything

https://www.basstackledepot.com/rods.aspx

Now stop that! Don't tell me these things! Now I have another rod on its way! [-X
Of course I'm looking at this site right now...... :shock:

Although I don't like the idea of having to pay $100 up front, if I got 20% off at BPS, I'd be one of the first in line. I think I've already spent enough to cover the up front fees...

The main reason I voted no, is because the prices would have to be comparable to other places, and then take 20% off. Not saying you would, but some places jack up their prices 25% and then give a 20% discount! :evil: I'd have to compare prices before I did it.

I just got home from the outdoor show in Harrisburg what a cluster!!!

Hey redbug -- I was there Saturday...it was the first I ever went and will probably be the last. I really only cared about the fishing area and it seemed like 85% of it was charter places. I was hoping it was going to be something where the manufacturers like Berkley and Strike King would have stuff set up showiong off their new line for the year. You know KVD is going to be at the Harrisburg Store 2 - 5 PM on Friday 2/25, right?

As far as this thread...I certainly buy enough stuff but I generally stay away from club kind of places like that so I wasn't sure what to answer.

Latest posts