Thanks for all the advice

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just wanted to say thank y'all for all the great advice! I think I've got a pretty good idea of how I'm gonna go about giving the ole girl a good face lift starting next weekend! can't wait till I can get back out on the lake! đź’•
Hi Nikki, Are you going to wire wheel the old paint? If so, some lessens from me. I wore safety glasses, but if I did it again I would also wear goggles like for swimming. I got a ton of fine dust in my eyes every day for a week. I should have worn a leather jacket with long sleeves, but way too hot for that. The wires break off and stick in your arms, neck, face and they hurt. It takes a long time but cheap and not messy like strippers. Also wear leather gloves. A grinder with a wire wheel can get away from you when hitting edges and kick the grinder. If it is taking off hardened paint, it destroys skin on knuckles real quick. I live in north Cincy, and can give you tips on painting. Had a problem with paint while doing stripes on boat, had to strip them off and get different paint. Set me back 2 weeks. Easier to learn form others mistakes than your own considering the time it takes for a rebuild.
Doug Carnahan