THE BIGGEST TIN RUNABOUT

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eshaw,

THANKS for the info. - I think that I'll get the local office supply to make me a LARGE color copy on good paper.

yours, tex

eshaw,

Fwiw, the HOLIDAY IV (18 or 22 footer) isn't illustrated in that brochure. - I wonder if the colors/trim/options are the same as the similar items for the Cruisers of that year, too??

The HOLIDAY that I've found seems to have always had a white hull with dark blue foredeck & gunnels.

yours, tex

This is a link to a thread where the poster has compiled Starcraft brochures (shhh it’s on another forum!!)
https://forums.iboats.com/forum/owners-groups-by-manufacturer/s/starcraft-boats/358596-starcraft-brochures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weldorfthemagnificient,

Wouldn't you know that the 1973 brochure isn't on that site?? = Things got changed each year, especially trim.

I'd like to see what it looked like 44 years ago.

yours, tex

satx78247 said:
eshaw,

Fwiw, the HOLIDAY IV (18 or 22 footer) isn't illustrated in that brochure. - I wonder if the colors/trim/options are the same as the similar items for the Cruisers of that year, too??

The HOLIDAY that I've found seems to have always had a white hull with dark blue foredeck & gunnels.

yours, tex
Here is one I found on line. Looks to be a boat you can do about anything with.
31ec00f4429c9d0b75aff724cfadbebd.jpg
7d5b14cb172e3f7481304f70b28e60c7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gatorglenn,

YEP. = That's it.
And NOPE I didn't guess correctly, as it IS all white (rather than 2-TONE, striped or anything more complicated to do). Being that "plain Jane" certainly makes the repainting to "factory stock" an EASY task. = Repaint the major part of the hull snow white, repaint the registration numbers on the sides & the boat's name on the transom, then simply paint the gunnels/deck plain royal blue & DONE.

By chance, do you know of any good/quality photos of the interior for "Terri, our upholstery guru" to copy??

Fwiw, the more I consider this "find", the more pleased that I am. :D :D
I've seen several of the Holiday IV hulls advertised around the country for sale for over 3,000.oo & in no better shape than this one from the estate. Plus the engine is a 165HP rather than the more common 120/140HP marinized "Chevy II" block.
(The 230CI Chevy marine engine has a reputation for being "under-stressed" & long-lived.)

Two lounge seats reupholstered, the Bimini top remade, some "sign-painter's plywood" for the sole, some sort of carpeting fore to aft & a few incidentals & the redo is pretty much FINISHED.
(My GUESS at the total cost from purchase to re-launching is <2500.oo.)

yours, tex

Weldorthemagnificent,

That photo looks like the photo that I saw on the Worldwidewierd of a 1976 model HOLIDAY but I'm NOT sure of the year. = There are a great deal of misidentified years in our tin boats, as so many were made one year & sold/titled as "new" in an entirely different year.

MANJO'S MARINE SERVICES, that used to be a StarCraft dealer in NETX, sold a friend of mine a new 16-foot 1966 manufactured StarCraft fishing boat in 1969. It is currently titled/registered by TP&WD as a 1969 hull.

yours, tex

satx78247 said:
Weldorthemagnificent,

That photo looks like the photo that I saw on the Worldwidewierd of a 1976 model HOLIDAY but I'm NOT sure of the year. = There are a great deal of misidentified years in our tin boats, as so many were made one year & sold/titled as "new" in an entirely different year.

MANJO'S MARINE SERVICES, that used to be a StarCraft dealer in NETX, sold a friend of mine a new 16-foot 1966 manufactured StarCraft fishing boat in 1969. It is currently titled/registered by TP&WD as a 1969 hull.

yours, tex
2b6e3716d73eeef441d52bf605d2d877.jpg
1f05b9f9741e1db6c4d7a763fe7a05dd.jpg
The first is of a 73 22’ but the second pic is of a 76 18’ but they should give some kind of idea of the inside layout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gatorglenn,

The interior layout of the 18 foot OB & 20/22/24 foot I/O StarCraft hulls are (or at least I was told, on another forum) are quite different. - The "posting gentleman" told me that the 22 footers had pedestal seats forward (rather than the "back to back" lounge seats) & a pair of individual seats on each side of the "doghouse" on the stern-drive models. Unfortunately, he had no photos for "Terri" to copy.

Btw, I was talking by phone to my Darla last night (She is working for several days in the Dallas area on redecorating a large commercial office building up there.) & she likes the idea of a TEXAS FLAG "motif" for the interior of our "new to us" Gulf-fishing boat.

I'm hoping that when I get a chance to go back up to Killeen, that the "crashed & trashed" StarCraft 20-footer & that still has the seats is still there to "scavenge" the seats (and maybe some other "bits & pieces") out of. - Making seat frames./padding from scratch would be a PITA.

THANKS for your input.

yours, tex

Latest posts