the build has begun

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
getting close fellas!

got the front deck cut out, and carpeted, as well as the opening for my storage space. also got the floor cut out and carpeted. it's starting to come around!
i have a few more pieces to carpet, and i want to put a few more boards in my framework then it's just screw it in and mount the seats and we're good to go!

boat8.jpg

boat9.jpg

boat11.jpg

boat10.jpg

Looks nice, are you going to build a deck over the back bench with a lid, to get everything consistant?

i'm going to put carpeted plywood on the front, top and back of the back bench seat, not sure yet if i'm gunna put a lid on it though. it would probably be a good idea but money is tight now! lol

Looks awesome, can't wait til next season so I can start on mine. Funny picture of the shepherd, we have 3 of them and they always have a tennis ball in their mouth.

Lookin' good! You'll want to add some lumber under the sides of the front storage overhanging the opening to support the lid. If not, it won't support your weight when you step on it.

I decided against enclosing the portion behind the rear seat, really wasn't much gain, and my jon wasn't as deep as yours, so I'd have had to elevate the deck to clear the battery. Also I didn't want to fool with venting for the fuel tank.

ST

well added some extra support to my framework that goes under the front deck, i used 5/8 thick plywood and there was a little too much flex for my liking, got it pretty solid but there is still very slight flex in some parts, any of you have any flex in your front decks? i'd add alot more but i'm concerned about weight

I used 2-2"X2"'s on 6" centers down the middle to catch the bolts for the front seat base, then another 2"X2" on each side of the hull, but mine wasn't quite as wide as yours. I still used 3/4" decking. It's not that much more in cost & weight, especially after factoring additional supports.

lol, trust me, you don't need to be worried about weight in that boat :wink:
ST

so after thinking about it constantly, wondering if i put enough support up front, i went home for lunch today and walked on it, jumped on it, and wobbled back and forth. i have put my mind to ease. it's plenty stable enough. plus, i'm a big guy (about 250 pounds...OF PURE MUSCLE! :? ...alright maybe a little chub in there somewhere) and all my friends are small, so if it can handle me, i'm content :)

Latest posts