The Dubs 14/36 Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That trailer turned out nice. I hope that I can get mine looking that good when I get around to working on it.

Thanks for the compliment Flydown... right down the road in Beebe. Where do you do your fishing?

Doubles said:
Thanks for the compliment Flydown... right down the road in Beebe. Where do you do your fishing?

Lakes Barnett and Conway mostly. Sometimes I go to Des Arc to fish the lake there or the bayou. I am wanting to try for some walleye and catfish on Greers Ferry.

Doubles,

Looks like your $100 boat is coming together. I know your frustrations with the trailer. I just bought one for $300 from a dealer (used), and spent another $200 probably in wood, carpet, jack, winch, lights and wiring. But either way you look at it, it beats the cost of a new one. and you got to enjoy putting it together.

Lowry

What kind of attachment to you have on your John Deere to pull your trailer around? I have a Deere riding mower and I was thinking of how I could move my trailer around with it, but the hole right there behind the transmission won't fit a hitch.

Mine fit a standard 2" ball... bought the cheapest 2" ball that WalMart had with the smallest diameter shaft.

DD

Doubles said:
Mine fit a standard 2" ball... bought the cheapest 2" ball that WalMart had with the smallest diameter shaft.

DD

Gotcha, I will have to make a trip over to Walmart tomorrow and see if they have a hitch diameter to fit my tractor. The hole on there looks pretty small but I'll see what they have. Thanks!

Ready for paint; primer and paint prep complete. Should lay paint on Friday.

Attachments

• Boat Primer1.JPG
    Boat Primer1.JPG
    250.6 KB · Views: 886
  • Boat Primer2.JPG
    Boat Primer2.JPG
    276.7 KB · Views: 886
Paint complete, it's definitely red. Here's to friends with paint booths and guns, made it a ton easier.

Definitely time to move onto some construction.

Doubles

Attachments

• Paint4.JPG
    Paint4.JPG
    570.1 KB · Views: 866
  • Paint3.JPG
    Paint3.JPG
    571.6 KB · Views: 866
  • Paint2.JPG
    Paint2.JPG
    406.3 KB · Views: 866
  • Paint1.JPG
    Paint1.JPG
    375.5 KB · Views: 866
  • Pre-paint.JPG
    Pre-paint.JPG
    380 KB · Views: 866
Man it's hard to believe that trailer and boat are the same trailer and boat in the old pictures! They really cleaned up nice! Great job! =D>

Thanks Gator, that's quite a compliment. It is nice to be on the construction side of the build, hopefully it'll see some water this summer.

Hotty Toddy,
Doubles

Figured it was time for an update; progress continues. This is what has occurred in the last month and a half.

Attachments

• Deck7.JPG
    Deck7.JPG
    408.7 KB · Views: 688
  • Deck6.JPG
    Deck6.JPG
    348.8 KB · Views: 688
  • Deck5.JPG
    Deck5.JPG
    362 KB · Views: 688
  • Deck4.JPG
    Deck4.JPG
    323 KB · Views: 688
  • Deck3.JPG
    Deck3.JPG
    367.9 KB · Views: 688
  • Deck2.JPG
    Deck2.JPG
    268 KB · Views: 688
  • Deck1.JPG
    Deck1.JPG
    451.1 KB · Views: 688
looking good, at first I thought it was going to be too much red. Now with the decking in place I like it.

Gear Dog said:
looking good, at first I thought it was going to be too much red. Now with the decking in place I like it.
You aren't the only one... I feel the same.

Doubles

Wrapped up the framing this past week...

I think I'll cut the rest of the decking (bottom & back) and then do a test float hopefully this week.

Semper Fi,
Doubles

Attachments

• Deck8.JPG
    Deck8.JPG
    468.9 KB · Views: 650
  • Deck10.JPG
    Deck10.JPG
    529.2 KB · Views: 650
  • Deck11.JPG
    Deck11.JPG
    606.7 KB · Views: 650
  • Deck12.JPG
    Deck12.JPG
    521.7 KB · Views: 650
  • Deck13.JPG
    Deck13.JPG
    457.6 KB · Views: 650
wow! REALLY LOOKING GOOD! where did you find/get the tackle storage and tank for the livewell? i have been trying to do the same thing with my build but love your setup better than what i had in mind!

feel free to check out my build and tell me what you think!

Surf,

I got them both off of E-Bay after extensive searching -- do a search for Plano 974 for the tackle boxes; the livewell tank came from the greatlakesskipper. I have been watching your build, I dig it.

Semper Fi,
Doubles

SHE FLOATS!!! What a relief; good stability at that seat height for calm waters. Zero complaints with the test run. Time to start cutting carpet and hatches. Here's the recent progress:

Doubles

Attachments

• Boat1 clip.jpg
    Boat1 clip.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 599
  • Boat3.JPG
    Boat3.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 599

Latest posts