THIS is what happens when you watch Craigslist every day

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is awesome, and another 14 mirror craft mod is born........I love mine, and I'm sure you will love yours. Welcome to the mirrorcraft club.

Nice Jeep man looks like a lot of fun! I couldn't help but notice the plethra of boats in the yards, do you have plans for all of them or just have a bunch of parts for one build? Not intreasted in buying just curious. Good luck with your build.

GTS225 said:
Great score!! =D>

(but I don't think you're gonna be able to save those oars.)

Roger

The oars alone would be marked at $100 at certain antique stores :D

Gators5220 said:
Nice Jeep man looks like a lot of fun! I couldn't help but notice the plethra of boats in the yards, do you have plans for all of them or just have a bunch of parts for one build? Not intreasted in buying just curious. Good luck with your build.

LoL!

Yeah, I'm starting quite the collection. I have all kinds of plans floating around in my head, and they tend to change from one day to the next. As it stands right now (after various buying and selling of stuff) I have exactly zero dollars invested in everything boat-related you see in the pics. I am very good at Craigslist :LOL2:

The current line-up looks like this:

1950 5HP Johnson SeaHorse - given to me by my grandfather
1984 2HP Evinrude - given to me by my grandfather
1988 30HP Johnson - looks rough - have no idea if it runs
1998 25HP Johnson - looks perfect - should run great, but haven't tried it yet
16' Starcraft V-hull with a bad transom and ugly camo paintjob
14' Mirrocraft V-hull in good shape, but needs cleaned and painted
15' Basstracker II 1542 - in great shape, but needs decks and floors
12' Raddisson Flatback Canoe - ugly, but watertight - nice little boat
A brand new bow mounted trolling motor
Two or three transom mount trolling motors
Three or four marine batteries
A half dozen gas cans
And a whole shelving rack filled with various seats, pedestals, anchors, ropes, electronics, pumps, etc etc etc

I think its time to stop buying and start fixing/building.

Now if I could just get rid of this giant time-suck called a job.

bigwave said:
That is awesome, and another 14 mirror craft mod is born........I love mine, and I'm sure you will love yours. Welcome to the mirrorcraft club.

We need to start a MirroCraft club!

Nice man I'm jealous and envious with your large collection, not the project part though. Sounds like a lot of work with very little fishing! haha...

good luck on the builds look foward to you starting on one of them... :D [-o<

Update.

Sold the boat, trailer and accessories for $500. So that's a nice little profit.

Still have the motor and was going to use it on my 1542 basstracker, but its too short. I listed it on Craigslist for $1,400 and have a few offers right now at $1,200. I think I'll sell it ... the money will pay for a nice new swing set for the kids.

So that is two boats and motors that I've sold in about a week. Like I said in my other thread, I like the money, but I also really like having boats and motors around to play with. I'll miss them.

Time to hit up Craigslist and see what's out there :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

MrSimon said:
Update.

Sold the boat, trailer and accessories for $500. So that's a nice little profit.

I listed it on Craigslist for $1,400 and have a few offers right now at $1,200. I think I'll sell it ...

Now thats a good lick! Congrats on your fortune. They don't come that cheap very often. I've gotten the deal of the day, even month one time. Think you found the deal of the year. =D>

Nice score! Post some more pictures of that sweet white truck sometime, it looks like a fun toy!

Latest posts