Thought I'd share a story...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamountainman

Reaction score
I've known my best friend since kindergarden, and we've been through alot of adventures, I seem to remember burying a note book with our adventures written down in a time capsule 11 years ago, but thats another story...

About 7 years ago, the stars lined up, and we could get a night fishing trip in together before I headed back to Fort Hood. We were in his tin fishing the shallow end of the lake, it was a sultry moonless August night, and we wern't doing too good. Brian tells me its time to warm up the lake, and proceeded to do his thing, when I had something hit my line hard. When I set the hook, it threw Brian's balance off just enough that we rolled the narrow boat in the newly warmed water. The next 15 minutes seemed like hours to me after Brian yells the last thing you would want to hear on a dark lake, "Its got me! Oh dear God its got me!". I hear Brian swimming for the shore which is about 30 yards away, and the only thing I can think is "I hope it don't get me too".

I'm a good 15 yards behind Brian when he makes it to shore, then I hear him scream, and brush breaking, then silence, that erie silence that seems to suck the life out of your soul. I make it to shore, and all I can think of is that swamp thing and bigfoot have teamed up and taken my buddy to the fourth dimension to never be seen again. I finally hear a faint wimper, and I blindly follow the noise only to find my friend wrapped up in several blackberry bushes, and he tells me "it" still has him, he is convinced there is a snake firmly attached to his leg. Against my better judgement, I start feeling around for the snake, but the only thing I found was a rapella lodged deep into his leg. When the boat flipped, he managed to set the hooks on his own leg, and he dragged his pole behind him until he hit the shore where the pole got hung up and snapped the line.

After a little micro-surgery with a multi-tool, we sat on the shore for the next 3 hours laughing like idiots, waiting for the sun to come up so we could retrieve our gear from the 6' depths. Every couple of years, we get together to fish for a few days on that lake, and every time, he pulls that lure out and tells me its never seen the water since that night.

hahahahahahah that's a great story your lucky to have a friend for such a long time! It seems to me like that's a diminishing thing like long marriages

Latest posts