Thread sealant

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hankthecrank

Reaction score
Good evening. I’m replacing the lower unit on a Minn Kota endura with new. I’m wondering what others have used to seal the tube threads with? Thanks, Hank

Been following your question. I wonder if you contacted a TM service center if they would share what sealant to use.

I found the stuff below online at Trolling Motor Parts (.com). I wonder if it is repackaged red loctite.

Keep in mind I honestly don't know the answer. I'm just sharing what I found on the internet.

TM Lock.jpg

Thank you for the follow up. When I ordered the lower unit from Minn Kota I asked the tech guy and red locktite was his answer. I saw this on the trolling motor webpage also. I’ve used red locktite a million times over the years but never in a specific water tight location. I did heat the lower unit to remove the tube and it turned out cleanly , just like red lock tite does! So, I guess they know a thing or two about using it for a sealant also. Thanks again, Hank