Tica Sculptor?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hollywooddippa

Reaction score
What do y'all think of the Tica Sculptor baitcast reel? I bought my first one eight years ago and quickly bought two more. Two high speed and one low speed. I ran across an ad while reading an Australian fishing blog. They were really hard to find, but every once in a while one would come up on ebay. Like I said, I've had them for over 8 years and haven't had a lick of trouble.

Anybody else ever used one?

I ran across them in an Australian sportsmans ad. I thought it was a goodlooking real and with 12 bearings, I figured it should be a quality piece of equipment. I think they're made in singapour. I've fished several tournaments with them and they hold up very well.

found it... and with more pictures. Seems this guy is one of the few to have new one's available to ship to the US. $146 including shipping

only downfall I see - 286g = 10oz in weight... that is one heavy reel to have an aluminum frame

ehh... I've changed my mind - too heavy. For that price, stick with the cheapest Lew's you can get your hands on. They will outlast everything out there. I have 2 Lew's, but I can't quit buying those Abu Garcia Revo Gen III reels...

look here - https://www.knkfishing.com/pd-tica-sculptor-sl-series-low-profile-casting-reel.cfm

I have a few TICA Reels and they are so -so

I like their rods better - I* have some Airwaves that are really good for the price

I have 2 Lew's, but I can't quit buying those Abu Garcia Revo Gen III reels...

Not trying to stray off topic, but check out the new BB-1. It's really sweet....and I have 3 of the TS1H that I already loved.

Latest posts