Tinboats Fantasy football 2012

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bigwave said:
Thank you, on a wing and a prayer now....you know I actually tried to trade for Foster a while back....good move to keep him half-baked......you have a solid team. I still cant believe that I am in the Super Bowl. [-o< [-o< [-o<

[-X [-X not so fast! You have moo again in week 15, your cumulative scores from week 14+week 15 determines who goes to the super bowl. The fantasy football Super bowl is in the same format with weeks 16+week 17

Hmmmm.......this is the first time I have played online league......very different.....I always played in leagues that once you won you playoff game you moved on via single elimination.......why do we play again, that sounds very strange to me....I thought it would be me and half-baked for the overall winner.....

I give up on trying to figure out how this league is run, just roll with it Bigwave! I have never seen or heard of a league that used tie breakers during the regular season either. It sure is set up wierd here. I've checked 7 different fantasy leagues and didn't find one that treats ties like this league does.

bigwave said:
Hmmmm.......this is the first time I have played online league......very different.....I always played in leagues that once you won you playoff game you moved on via single elimination.......why do we play again, that sounds very strange to me....I thought it would be me and half-baked for the overall winner.....

For the playoffs i just choose the default settings as week 14-15 being playoffs weeks. I suppose if i added more teams to the playoffs it would of readjusted the schedule. As for the bowl week being 2 weeks I will not change since teams bench starters in week 17.

As for mr Backwoods this is the default playoff schedule (its been the same schedule since it started on TB). Players can view all the rules before they join the league and if they don't like them they don't have to join. Last year we had ties, a few complained so i made the tie breaker rule. I refuse to change rules mid season cause one team complained. Sorry about your luck but better luck next year, i am through discussing the matter...

I am not saying to change things this year. I am just wanting it to be straightened out next year. This is a screwed up way of doing it. You said this is all about trash talk, well, I have the right to talk trash then right? I knew you had to have made the tie breaker rule as no other league I can find does it this way. This reminds me of playing Monopoly with friends as kids. made up rules always seem to find their way in. Don't take it personal, I'm not meaning it that way at all. As long as you can see that I am getting screwed this year, all is good. If it were you in my spot, I think you'd get what I am saying. Tie breakers come in for the play offs, not the regular season. That rule should be changed next year. I will hold the right to talk all the trash I want to this season. I know I rightfully should be in the playoffs, therefore I will talk it up as much as I want. It's all in fun right?

I do think the tie breaking situation is a bit screwy, but that said, I do remember reading it at the onset of the season and thinking the same thing. It might also be worth considering breaking the scoring down to tenths of a point. Most of my leagues have the tenths of a point option and I don't remember any ties for the past few seasons. I know they're irregularities in general, but it's obviously created a quite the stir and measures can be taken to reduce that likelihood. I know I'm at least more than a little to blame for the league being so deep as I was the last person to actively campaign to join (and bringing Ahab along in the process), so I don't want it to come off as complaining, but I do think a 6 team playoff would have been better this year. I feel that with our league as deep as it is, it makes it a lot more difficult for someone to be active on the waiver wires and have success if their team were hit hard by injuries (or a crummy auto-draft). Overall, I enjoyed this league quite a bit, thank you very much to BassAddict for hosting it and I hope I'm able to partake again next year.

one100grand said:
I do think the tie breaking situation is a bit screwy, but that said, I do remember reading it at the onset of the season and thinking the same thing. It might also be worth considering breaking the scoring down to tenths of a point. Most of my leagues have the tenths of a point option and I don't remember any ties for the past few seasons. I know they're irregularities in general, but it's obviously created a quite the stir and measures can be taken to reduce that likelihood. I know I'm at least more than a little to blame for the league being so deep as I was the last person to actively campaign to join (and bringing Ahab along in the process), so I don't want it to come off as complaining, but I do think a 6 team playoff would have been better this year. I feel that with our league as deep as it is, it makes it a lot more difficult for someone to be active on the waiver wires and have success if their team were hit hard by injuries (or a crummy auto-draft). Overall, I enjoyed this league quite a bit, thank you very much to BassAddict for hosting it and I hope I'm able to partake again next year.

I definitely believe in the 10th of a point scoring bit, just forgot to set it up for the league at the start and didn't want to change it after the first game. Next years roster will also be no deeper than 12, any less than that and you have teams full of all stars (1/2 of fantasy football is finding that diamond in the rough). As for drafting ill have to look at the options and see if there is a better way to do it

Edit: Also with the playoffs im not sure how many slots will be available but i do know it will be a 1 week per game elimination with a 2 week super bowl

We use espn at work and do a live draft on espn.com - we just login from our home computers. Those that can make it can pick the best player they think is available. If they can't make it, the computer picks for them. They have the option of setting a picking order just like now. We have about 50% turnout for the draft, but everyone seems to like their teams. It works really well for us and lasts just over an hour. We give the ones that don't make it till the 3rd round to join in, after that we change them to autopick and it moves swiftly.

I want the scoring that goes to a tenth of a point for my work league too. We had a few ties that had to be decided and it seems you always make someone unhappy.

Denny, I just want to thank you for heading up this league the past couple of years. I'm not downing anyone who has a complaint, I just wanted to let you know that your efforts are appreciated. I had not played any fantasy sports prior to last year so I don't have anything to compare to. I'm back this year because it was a lot of fun. Thanks again.

floundahman said:
Denny, I just want to thank you for heading up this league the past couple of years. I'm not downing anyone who has a complaint, I just wanted to let you know that your efforts are appreciated. I had not played any fantasy sports prior to last year so I don't have anything to compare to. I'm back this year because it was a lot of fun. Thanks again.

X2

But please, give him grief anyway.

Don't worry about the grief part Jim, I think I have that covered! I really did enjoy the season, and I probably will play next year(if the tie thing is fixed!) if I'll be allowed back. So, thanks Denny, it was a blast for my first year in ff.

Hmmmmm.....I had a strong weekend of points and would still fall short against half-baked.......I can only hope for some injuries to slow him down. I guess I am gonna let my team stand the way it is......and on a side note: GO TEXAN'S except for Foster for the next couple of weeks. I cant believe how well Houston is playing this year.....I pray they go all the way.

Good luck Bigwave! I'll be trash typing all year if it turns out I should have won the trophy. I never thought I'd see a tie count more than a win. Worse yet, I haven't heard that it will be corrected next year.

Big Wave, Congratulations sir. =D> Looks like I should fire my head coach, it is after all Black Monday. Maybe next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts