TinBoats Twitter - Random posts

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I appreciate all the prayers and well wishing you guys have sent my way since my heart attack. Here is the most recent update:

I had a stress test on Friday morning and by Friday afternoon my doctor called and said the results were negative. Now, that either means I don't need any more stents... Or, I have no heart - your call.

She is going to see me Tuesday the 9th to sign off the paperwork so I can go back to work. I will get back on the work rotation on Saturday the 13th.

Wife is heading back to Texas Monday the 8th so she can get back to work.

Money has been real tight with her at $0.00 income and me being on Short Term Disability for a month now. Sure glad I've been paying forward on some stuff so I can skip a payment or two to free up some money.

Oh... Going fishing on Lake Geneva the week of the 15th too.

Yep, that Lake Geneva. Not sure what day we're gonna go as I am the rider not the driver on this trip. Prolly be the 16th or 17th though unless it gets pushed back to the weekend of the 20th.

Well I've gotta head back to florida, no money and no place to stay. At least my grandfather got through the surgery and he is stable.

If anyone wanted some background to my grandfather. He is a wwII hero with 2 bronze stars, survived losing almost all of his small intestine, survived cancer, and he just survived this. He turns 91 in a few days!

Here is his medals!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350191388.959117.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1350191402.799647.jpg

I went to YES right after the "Should you eat that bacon?" question. Totally bypassed the "Do you want to feel like angels are frolicking on your taste buds?" question.

I spotted an Alweld 1660 Custom Vee today at the boat store. I really like it - but everyone's telling me I need a deep-V boat for the waters I fish.

How come y'all on the coast get to use them in the ocean, but I can't use one on Winnie or LM? Mind you this is coming from my "friends" with 18-21' walleye boats... (that couldn't fit in the river last weekend because it was too low - HAR HAR HAR!!!)

Heck this one's deeper than my flat V with a 15" transom! (it's got 27" sidewalls...)

It's a smart lookin' rig...

You can use the 1660 on Winnebago or Lake Michigan. You will just have to choose your days a little more carefully than people with the bigger "Walleye" boats. I regularly fish Lake Michigan in my Tracker ProTeam 190TX bass boat. Certainly not a deep vee by any means. I just make sure the waves aren't that big (or forecast to be big) on the days I go out.

wihil said:
I spotted an Alweld 1660 Custom Vee today at the boat store. I really like it - but everyone's telling me I need a deep-V boat for the waters I fish.

How come y'all on the coast get to use them in the ocean, but I can't use one on Winnie or LM? Mind you this is coming from my "friends" with 18-21' walleye boats... (that couldn't fit in the river last weekend because it was too low - HAR HAR HAR!!!)

Heck this one's deeper than my flat V with a 15" transom! (it's got 27" sidewalls...)

It's a smart lookin' rig...

Go for it! You won't regret it. :wink:

Extra 3.5" of rain raised the river another foot this evening! That means I could get further upstream than usual, and resulted in a limit of crappie! :D Man I forgot how much fun fishing the river can be...

Also caught a mud puppy bigger than Bass Addict! :shock:

Slimy bugger - needed two hands to wrestle him off the hook...

(Fender - yah that 1660 is really nice. Two seats in the rear, a small half deck to the live well, then another full deck. Still, it's 5500 worth of nice and it would still need a motor.)

wihil said:
Extra 3.5" of rain raised the river another foot this evening! That means I could get further upstream than usual, and resulted in a limit of crappie! :D Man I forgot how much fun fishing the river can be...

Good job on the Crappies. Glad to hear the river is up too, we need some water sent down this way.

Latest posts