TinBoats Twitter - Random posts

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim said:
poolie said:
russ010 said:
I have a resident bait monkey living on my shoulders...

I believe his sibling has moved in over here an started whispering in my ear as well. What did me make you buy? I'm on the hook for 5 reels and 2 rods this past week.

nice man..details please!

2 Curado E7
3 Citica 200E's

I fell in love with Curado E after borrowing my brother's. A review on (tackletour.com I believe) said that the Citica was almost as good except not quite as smooth due to less bearings. I bought one of each, and yes the Curado is a smoother reel, but only by a minor amount. Not enough to pay an extra $50 to get all Curado's. The Curado's will go on my worm rods which is what I fish with most of the time.

Picked up 2 Kistler LTA's off eBay. They were both reconditioned, but it's a cheap way to test the waters on an otherwise expensive rod. One was an 1 1/2 shorter I picked up for $60 (I figure it went from a fast action to an x-fast action) and one had a crack in the cork handle repaired for $70. Not bad considering they're $250 rods.

I'm not even going to go into the box of jigs and worms that showed up yesterday.... hey I'm just trying to stimulate the economy :)

poolie said:
Picked up 2 Kistler LTA's off eBay. They were both reconditioned, but it's a cheap way to test the waters on an otherwise expensive rod. One was an 1 1/2 shorter I picked up for $60 (I figure it went from a fast action to an x-fast action) and one had a crack in the cork handle repaired for $70. Not bad considering they're $250 rods.

I'm not even going to go into the box of jigs and worms that showed up yesterday.... hey I'm just trying to stimulate the economy :)

So you're the one that got the Kistlers for $60... I was watching them, then forgot and never bid. Dang it! You'll like them - being shorter will actually help you out in the long run with what you use to fish with and your hooksets.

I just ordered a Falcon LowRider 6'10" jig rod.. and a TON of different west coast baits that I'm pretty sure aren't used here... we'll see how well they work at Acworth in a few more weeks

I cheat. I have a software package to jump in at the last second and places a bid. Sniping I believe it's called. Unless someone bids it up past what I'll pay, I almost always win.

That LowRider will be nice.

russ010 said:
poolie said:

So you're the one that got the Kistlers for $60... I was watching them, then forgot and never bid. Dang it! You'll like them - being shorter will actually help you out in the long run with what you use to fish with and your hooksets.

I just ordered a Falcon LowRider 6'10" jig rod.. and a TON of different west coast baits that I'm pretty sure aren't used here... we'll see how well they work at Acworth in a few more weeks

Breaking News.....Apparently Michael Jackson has died!

Jim said:
close to 50 people on this floor and only one microwave. You think they will say something If I put a microwave in my cube?

Not if you let everyone burn their popcorn in it.

Jim said:
close to 50 people on this floor and only one microwave. You think they will say something If I put a microwave in my cube?

I would go with a nice crock pot - start cooking those nice lunches as soon as you get in and let everyone "Smell what Jim is Cooking!!!!!!!!"

poolie said:
I cheat. I have a software package to jump in at the last second and places a bid. Sniping I believe it's called. Unless someone bids it up past what I'll pay, I almost always win.
Shoot, I do that too, just the old fashion way. Sit there with a clock w/second hand, and keep hitting refresh. At about 2 seconds to go, hit send, and it usually goes at the last second.

My new reel just came - Team Daiwa Tierra 2500 - it is blue and SWEEEEET!

I spooled it up with 10 lb Suffix braid and mounted it (is that the term) on my St,. Croix for smallies

And I've been thinking about looking into building my own rods (I used to a loooooong time ago) but think I need to start build swim baits instead..... holy smokes Batman, I could hire Russ to catch fish for me for what one of those things cost.

They do look sweet though.

Jim said:
Imagine this. A bunch of guys on a local forum are catching Bass with this lure.

https://www.316lurecompany.com/baits/hardbaits.html

poolie said:
And I've been thinking about looking into building my own rods (I used to a loooooong time ago) but think I need to start build swim baits instead..... holy smokes Batman, I could hire Russ to catch fish for me for what one of those things cost.

They do look sweet though.

Jim said:
Imagine this. A bunch of guys on a local forum are catching Bass with this lure.

https://www.316lurecompany.com/baits/hardbaits.html

umm... yea, for $185, that fish better catch every single 10lb'r in the lake during a tournament - and do it in the first hour so that I can go to the shade and sit for the rest of the day catching some zzzzz and thinking of the pot money for the tournament I'd be taking home that still wouldn't pay for the lure!

Only Wednesday and I'm already having withdrawals. Maybe I'll go fish in the swimming pool...... again.

haha - poolie, we need to get down to acworth one evening after work.. I don't know what the hours are there though

russ010 said:
haha - poolie, we need to get down to acworth one evening after work.. I don't know what the hours are there though

Cauble Park (next to the ramp ) has it's hours posted as 7:00am till 11:00pm so it's probably possible.

I've got drill this weekend in SC, but we might be able to get out one night next week... I'm thinking bout going out there the following Saturday for the morning, but I've got a 5pm tourney that night at Carter's ReReg with the SWAT guys

poolie said:
russ010 said:

Cauble Park (next to the ramp ) has it's hours posted as 7:00am till 11:00pm so it's probably possible.
Do keep in mind that we have gotten their before 6 many a time, and there is no gate, so staying later might be a possibility. Also, don't roll in there before 6 pm, or after 8 am, or you will be paying 10 bucks to get through the gate. At 6, they open up the other two roads, and stop collecting at the gate house. A buddy of mine and I will probably be over there bream fishing Friday evening, from about 6:15 until 10:30 or so.

Russ, you have the info on the pot tourney over at the rereg for this Saturday yet? I found a place with those worms in stock, and they arrived today.