TinBoats Twitter - Random posts

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wasilvers said:
Broke a NEW rod today. Just bought it on Friday night. Was teaching the youngest to how to cast a spinning reel. He was early on the release first, then late the next. But he nailed it on the 3rd cast, unfortunatly he snagged. I was trying to work it loose and being gentle since I only had 4 pound line on it. Yep, the rod snapped right in two. :cry:

It put a quick end to the casting lesson (since I only brought the one rod and one jig. :?

Be taking it back tomorrow and getting something better. #-o
Broke the rod with 4 lb line on?!?!? :evil:

Fished for lunch today (45 min). 37 deg and a pretty good wind. Brought 5 fish up. One pretty 11" Crappy, and the same 2, 12" LM Bass twice. All of this on the same 5/16 PB&J jig.

bearsphan3.14 said:
Broke the rod with 4 lb line on?!?!? :evil:

Yep, I was not happy, but the TrileneXL did it's job! You're gonna call BS to this part of the story, but I swear it's true. The rod broke while hung up, and the broken end was sliding along the line towards the snag. Nothing I could do would bring it closer to shore. So I finally had enough and pulled back to snap the line. The line snapped and the broken tip flung back to shore about 12 inches off the landing. I grabbed it from the frigid water so I'd have something to return and immediatly thought, WHY did it come back to shore, it should be at the bottom of the river :?: Turns out the line had flung back, come thru the tip and gotten itself tied on the Second eye from the top. How it tied itself in that llittle amount of time I'll never know.
:fishing:

https://www.dailyfinance.com/story/the-real-reason-gas-prices-are-soaring/19893347/?icid=maing%7Cmain5%7Cdl4%7Csec1_lnk3%7C52083

26* here this am

I woke up and feels like I slept right through spring, summer and fall

Anyone lend me an ice auger - I needs to fish!

Captain Ahab said:
26* here this am

I have 3, a 7" hand auger, an 8" hand auger and a 10" gas powered auger. Of course you can always use my 2" hole saw in a cordless drill... I've seen some of the fish you catch.

Popeye said:
Captain Ahab said:
26* here this am

I have 3, a 7" hand auger, an 8" hand auger and a 10" gas powered auger. Of course you can always use my 2" hole saw in a cordless drill... I've seen some of the fish you catch.

Why do you have that stuff - trading on ebay? You do not that the augers are generally used for fishing - not digging port-o potty holes in your back yard?

The 7" one is an older style one. Bought the 8" as it's a newer design (but I like the older one better) and bought the gas powered one cause I'm getting old. Gonna sell the 8" one and keep the 7" for early season and when I need to keep the weight down. The gas one weighs about 25 pounds so if there is a long trek, it's kinda a pain in the butt.

S&MFISH said:
Well,no work today.So I'll see if I can get together with Fender66(Chris) about a fishing report. If you see this Chris,before I call you, Call me.

Sorry we missed you this morning Steve. Breakfast was good, as was the conversation. Glad you called though. Hope you can join us for breakfast next time.

yep, and I'm off werk tomorrow and Wednesday and going fishin' (most likely) tomorrow morning. Phys therapy in the afternoon and Wed morning. Maybe one day I can be done with the phys ther. Sure don't heal as fast as I once did.

Latest posts