Took the new boat out

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WebbsWelding

Reaction score
I decided to stop working constantly and get out and show the 14 year old the ways of the water. We took the boat out on a river with a pretty good current. It was too windy for any of the lakes. First thing I figured out is this boat needs some side rails. The seats we mounted on the rear bench have your rearend above the edge of the boat and when a new 14 year old driver clobbers a stump there aint much to hang on to. Plus a boat blasted by use while we were nosed up on the bank and took water over the back. Not much but enough.
vvh.jpg

So here is my fix
hvc.jpg

hcc.jpg

14444.jpg

What I do is just put out a stern anchor and tighten so that boat just makes it to shore, then step off boat onto shore and use a bow line to tie off to tree or another anchor, let the boat float away from the bank that way when a boat goes by it won’t have the stern forced down by the bow being up on the shore and will bob with the waves.

When time to leave pull the boat in and board, retrieve anchor and take off.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=348966#p348966 said:
Snowshoe » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:10 pm[/url]"]Too much weight in the rear.
I guess he'll just have to make himself a set of pods.

Of course I have to add pods. Actually they only added about 14 lbs. I got the idea from a boat I saw for sale up on reel foot lake. I called the guy and asked him about them. He loved them. I can mount a depth finder on top of the transom gusset and make a bracket to stow my gaff and 12 gauge on the inside walls, plus a "cold beverage" holder. I have gotten about a million good ideas off the boat build link. Y'all got some great ideas. Adam Webb

Latest posts