Topside is now Sonoma Shade

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishfreek

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Before and after pics. When I bought the boat and couple of months ago I did a temperature test to see how hot the deck gets in the direct sun. I found out that the original O.D. Green got as hot as 143° in direct sunlight and that is at the end of October I could not imagine how hot iron will get in the middle of August so I decided to change the topside to a tan after testing about 10 different colors and found most of the tans were at least 40° cooler so I decided on Sonoma Shade in Behr Porch & Patio floor paint. After a 72 hour cure time I will roll on a coat of the same paint with grit added.

20151224_113352-1.jpg

Attachments

• 20151227_155254-1.jpg
    20151227_155254-1.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 1,226
Looks great, and a similar color to what we will be painting on out boat (but your paint job is much nicer!).

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Looking good, what are you adding for grit? Interested to,see it complete. When I bought mine I actually wanted it in tan like the website says is an option. Turns out it's not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Catch Release Repeat said:
Looking good, what are you addingfor grit? Interested to,see it complete. When I bought mine I actually wanted it in tan like the website says is an option. Turns out it's not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wanted mine in tan also but no luck. The grit will propbaly be Seal Krete Clear Grip but I've been told that Sherwin Williams has a good product that I am going tomorrow to check out Shark Grip by H&C

So I bought the H&C Shark Grip it comes in a 3.2 Oz container for a gallon of paint. I had about 3 qts left out of the gallon of color I did the topside in. After holding back a quart for touch up in mixed half of the Shark Grip in and rolled it on according to the directions on the container. I only did the front and rear deck to see if I needed to add more before doing the main floor. Here are a couple pics of the areas that I applied it to. I also taped the edges and seams to make it look a little more professionalish.

20151229_125551-1.jpg

20151228_170318.jpg

20151228_170311.jpg

Looks great! The taped edges are a nice touch. We might copy you when it comes time to paint our floor. Thanks for sharing

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk