Tracker 1436 Seat Height

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robr3004

Reaction score
So I'm looking to add some pedistal seats to my track 1436. The bench seats are 12" and I will be adding 3/4 plywood to the tops, what height posts would I need for average height person? I was thinking 9". I plan to use the pin style posts.

I don't know if they actually make 9" posts or not... Are you going to have a front deck that is at the same height as to top of your benches? If you are, then I would use 13" posts - otherwise go with the 11" post.

Another post you might be interested in is the 13" offset post - it's shaped kind of like an S. It will give you a few more inches if you fish towards either side of the boat - it really does make a difference in leg room.

I have 1/2" plywood on the top of my ribs. I then mounted a 7" stationary pedestal to the bench and I think it is perfect. I set with my legs straight and feet flat. I am 5'11" tall. You say you are going with pin type so I not sure what sizes they come in.

Thanks guys. I just did a quick measurement with my kitchen chair and I think I'm going with the 9" posts that will give my about 24 inches in height including the seat cushion. Now to find the best price.

Latest posts