Tracker vs weldbilt

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check out the 2 pics I uploaded. One is the tracker 1860 and the other is the fisher 1860.
pretty similar arent they????

tracker 1860 specs
Length 18' 4''
Bottom Width 60"
Max. Recommended HP 60 HP
Deadrise 3 degrees
Beam 84"
Weight (approx.) 595 Lbs.
Max. Person Capacity 8 Persons
Hull Material 0.100 5052 Marine Alloy
Transom Height 20"
Max. Weight Capacity 1600 Lbs.
Max. Person Weight 1040 Lbs.

Fisher 1860 specs
Length 18' 3''
Bottom Width 60"
Max. Recommended HP 75 HP
Beam 84"
Max. Person Capacity 8 Persons
Hull Material 0.100 5052 Marine Alloy
Transom Height 20"
Max. Weight Capacity 1720 Lbs.
Max. Person Weight 1301 Lbs.
Hull Weight (approx.) 741 Lbs.

Attachments

• tracker1860.jpg
    tracker1860.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 1,238
  • fisher 1860.jpg
    fisher 1860.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,238
A few of the specs are just slightly different. I cant prove it....But I would bet money that these two boats were built in the same factory! Different companies like Tracker or fisher might measure in different places (inside or outside). Weights are listed as approx. different hull options like alum floor, trolling motor mount, oar locks, all play a part in the approx weight and its up to the distributer to post thier version of it.

The pics and spec sheets are right off https://www.fisherboats.com/boat/specs.cfm?boat=3182 and https://www.trackerboats.com/boat/?boat=3359

Kinda like a Ford and a Mercury, or a Honda and an Acura, or a nissan and an infinity, or a mercedes benz van and a dodge sprinter.

I hope you didn't pay more for the Fisher than you would have if you bought the Tracker?

I have never owned a tracker boat, but I have been on them and looked at buying one several times. Some people bash them. But you also see alot of happy Tracker Boat owners as well. I think its kind of unfair to compare a tracker to say a Allweld, SeaArk, Weldbuilt, Legend, Blazer, even an Xpress. BUt Its probably just as good as most of the rest. They are good entry level boats with a nice price tag. Take care of it and it will last a long time. I see old trackers from the 80's all over the place. They are popular on here as restoration projects too.

I was told tracker owns fisher, I gave 3k for a brand new boat and trailer, 2008 model, never seen water, it was a dealer repo, meaning a dealer could not pay for there floorplan so the finance company repod them and moved them to another dealer to be liquidated, mine has a ribbed floor. the tracker sticker price is 4000.00 out the door, plus 1k for a trailer, so essentially i got a 5k boat for 3k.

Congrats on the new rig! =D>

I previously owned a 2005 Tracker PT175, and never had a problem. I now own a 2008 Lowe 1652VT, and no problems with it either. Lots of Trackers and Lowes around these parts, so they must be doing something right, but I am a little biased towards those brands. 8)

Bugpac said:
I was told tracker owns fisher, I gave 3k for a brand new boat and trailer, 2008 model, never seen water, it was a dealer repo, meaning a dealer could not pay for there floorplan so the finance company repod them and moved them to another dealer to be liquidated, mine has a ribbed floor. the tracker sticker price is 4000.00 out the door, plus 1k for a trailer, so essentially i got a 5k boat for 3k.

You got a great deal!

Latest posts