trailer lights

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankbait09

Reaction score
i am in the need of new trailer lights. are trailer lights trailer lights?, no matter which brand you go with? Are they pretty hard to screw up on a manufacturering stand point? are there good/bad?

i am looking to reaplce mine on my trailer but do NOT want to spend a lot of money on them. If I don't have to

As long as you mount them up on guides where they don't get submerged, you can use any trailer lights. But if you plan on mounting them to the frame where they will be submerged, you'll need to spend the extra money on (allegedly) waterproof lights. My personal experience is that I have never seen a set of waterproof lights that didn't eventually succumb to the elements, but then again, I'm on the SC coast, and dealing with saltwater, which is known for destroying ANYTHING.

I bought a pair of LED's & it was the best investment.In fact I replaced both of my trailers with LED's.If I have a problem since the LED's it is always in the plug on my truck.

Menards in my area have Reese brand LED light kit on clearance for $29.99. I bought 3 sets.

I know all about LED's but what advantage is there for a trailer to have LED's on it? I don't see any advantage...........Minus the life of the actual bulb. other than that????

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=337407#p337407 said:
crankbait09 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:03 pm[/url]"]I know all about LED's but what advantage is there for a trailer to have LED's on it? I don't see any advantage...........Minus the life of the actual bulb. other than that????
Much brighter, no need to unplug the lights before backing in the water.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=337410#p337410 said:
crankbait09 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:36 pm[/url]"]um...uh...ummmmmm, I have never unplugged my trailer lights. They have always worked fine. didnt know you were supposed to
Hot bulbs and cold water don't mix well along with sockets corroding.

Most LEDs for trailer use are encased in epoxy making them actually waterproof. There are no bulbs to burn out or break. They are brighter, and lower profile most of the time.

Latest posts