Trailer Spindles HELP!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Merkywaters

Reaction score
I have a problem with my hubs mounting up on my boat trailer spindles. The axle is a u shape tubing with exactly uniformed 1" spindles mounted to the outside for hub mounting. My problem I have been having is the seals are unable to seal because of the u shape axle is allowed to rub the spacer that fits inside the rubber seal causing the seal to wear and releasing grease. I know that a picture tells a thousand words but I am unable to download pictures. Has anyone else experienced anything quite like this? The boat is an old 80's Cajun Brat bass boat ( I know its not a tin machine but I know there are a lot of experienced folks here!) and the trailer I think is the original from the manufacturer.

Hub: 4 lug
Bearings: 1" standard bearing kits replaced last year.
Axle: 1" uniform from threads to where the axle tubing is mounted with no increase diameter

Note: I have a tournament this Saturday and need this fixed asap!

I had the same problem on a utility trailer and ended up adding two spacers/washers from Napa to the axle before installing hub. This kept the seal from rubbing on the axle channel