Trick to rebuilding Citica?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gamefisher

Reaction score
I tore down my 1-year old Citica for spring cleaning & lube, and rebuilt it. Now, the clutch is not engaging anywhere near hard enough to spool the line in with any kind of pressure. I went through the diagram, and have everything in the right place, and read Shimano's instruction on rebuilding your baitcaster. I just did my 3-year old Quantum Tempo baitcaster as well, with no issues.

Does anyone have a possible trick or suggestion on what I might have done wrong? I used Abu Garcia Reel oil & lube (which is what the local tackle shop had).

Matt

Sounds like me. I can never put reels back together right. I did do it almost right once, but I shot the bail spring from my spinning reel away never to be seen again. Sorry I couldn't help :lol:

Andy, I can crank the drag all the way down, but it still slips.

NickK, I'll have to look into that - I didn't realize there was a certain orientation.

Matt

Nick,
Thanks! I found a doc on Shimano's site that shows that, and looking at those pictures, I think I may have also installed the top drag plate upside down.

)( I think when you turn the star the pressure is only distributing at the top of the curve.

() it forces the pressure to start at the ends and work towards the center, trying to flatten it out, I'm only throwing out a guess, actually I have no idea.

Gamefisher said:
Nick,
Thanks! I found a doc on Shimano's site that shows that, and looking at those pictures, I think I may have also installed the top drag plate upside down.

did it work?

Yes - I just got back to it last night. I flipped the drag plate over, and placed the washers the correct way. All is well. Thank you!