Trip to NJ

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
My son and I headed down to NJ to meet BassAddict, Captain Ahab, Shamoo, and bcritch for breakfast, but also to get a day or two of fishing in. It took me 5 hours to drive from Mass, through the Bowels of NewYork City and off to NorthField NJ, 9 miles from Ocean City. Ocean city was cool, I will go back there with the family for sure.

DSC_0025.jpg

Needless to say my streak of getting skunked while fishing continues. The fishing was slow, but we had a fun time. We had fun so it did not matter.

Before we get into the heated competition that occurred on the boulevard I will show the fishing pictures first.

Captain Ahab with a toothy critter!
DSC_0017.jpg

My son Steven striking a pose!
DSC_0016.jpg

Within 2 minutes of getting to the lake, BassAddict shows us how its done.....On a JDBaits of course.
DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

My son with a fish he "caught" 8) Thanks Captain Ahab for that! :beer:
DSC_0010.jpg

Steven striking a pose with a massive bluefish. At this point we were just trying to catch anything.
DSC_0009.jpg

And my fish!
skunk-in-grass-800x600.jpg

Now when you get a bunch of competitive athletes together, you know there is always going to be competition. I think Captain started it, but everyone got involved. There was no clear winner, the emotions got the best of everyone.

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

I'm quitting the IT world...........
DSC_0020.jpg

Captain will add the breakfast crew shot.

I can not wait for next year...............................

While the fishing was luke warm at best (on account of the bass catching a sudden case of lock jaw) Ocean city was a blast!!! The highlight of it for me was aside from winning the skee ball competition and horribly losing the whack a gator competition was watching Jim try to watch the air show with a stiff neck :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:

It was a pleasure meeting you and your son Mr. Jim......

Glad to hear you guys had a good time. I know Steven couldn't wait to hit the arcades on the boardwalk. Looks like he had a blast =D>

I had a GREAT time, It was pleasure meeting Everyone. Steven, keep wetten that line and good things will happen :D