Trollin Motor Issue

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bAcKpAiN

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone might know where to get a replacement potentiometer (speed control switch) on a 24V Evinrude Intruder 54. It is essentially the same as a Minn Kota Maxxum from what I understand. I have not been able to locate the specs for the right one. The one that broke (the leads snapped from the soldered joints) had the following written on it: Bourn 96A1DC28H10 1K Mexico 9903X. Anyone know what type might be a good replacement? Here is a picture of it. As it is, I can hardwire the connectors together and at least have full speed.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,201
I went and looked and I'm not sure but they may not have it. What are the numbers on the switch?

Try this place they seam to have every switch none to man. www.wiringproducts.com

huntinfool said:
I went and looked and I'm not sure but they may not have it. What are the numbers on the switch?

Bourns 96A1DC28H10 1K Mexico 9903X

bAcKpAiN said:
I was wondering if anyone might know where to get a replacement potentiometer (speed control switch) on a 24V Evinrude Intruder 54. It is essentially the same as a Minn Kota Maxxum from what I understand. I have not been able to locate the specs for the right one. The one that broke (the leads snapped from the soldered joints) had the following written on it: Bourn 96A1DC28H10 1K Mexico 9903X. Anyone know what type might be a good replacement? Here is a picture of it. As it is, I can hardwire the connectors together and at least have full speed.

Everything you need to know about the Bournes "90" series pot line

https://www.bourns.com/data/global/pdfs/90sers.pdf

You can hardwire a 1K linear taper pot from Radio Shack to get you by until you find a suitable replacement, it's functionally the same just not sealed and a much lower quality carbon element rather than the higher quality cermet element in the Bournes

Latest posts