Trolling motor question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fatdad5

Reaction score
Is it possible to use a foot controlled trolling motor on the front of a 14 ft v without a deck?just going to have a floor.. I'm way to big to be up on a raised deck lol

or the MK Terrova has a long cord on the foot pedal as well. Get the Ipilot and then do away with the foot pedal, and use the remote to control the TM

just becareful with the powerdrives. it doesnt respond the same way a cable steer does. their is a split second delay and mine i cant steer and use power at the same time, but the co pilot remotes are the best thing ever. u can be untagling both the kids and fight a 20 mph wind from anywhere

shallowminedid said:
just becareful with the powerdrives. it doesnt respond the same way a cable steer does. their is a split second delay and mine i cant steer and use power at the same time, but the co pilot remotes are the best thing ever. u can be untagling both the kids and fight a 20 mph wind from anywhere

Wait....you say that you can not steer while under power with your Powerdrive? Is this just yours or all of them?

spotco2 said:
shallowminedid said:

Wait....you say that you can not steer while under power with your Powerdrive? Is this just yours or all of them?

That is incorrect. There is a "continuous" and a "manual" mode. In manual as you move left or right you take your foot slightly off the power pedal, but in continuous mode, power is always on the speed you have set and you can make left/right adjustments as the boat is under power.