trouble with the lights

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BassinChris

Reaction score
well i rewired one of my trailors with new wires and new lights. i got everything hooked up and working. the problem i am having is that the lights work fine until i push the brakes. once i hit the brake the lights go off and do not come back on until i let off the brakes. i have a feeling it is something easy and stupid that i mixed up. and yes the trailor wire is grounded. any ideas would be helpful. tight lines

I know you said its grounded but I would check to make sure it has good contact, most trailer light problems are the ground or incorrect wiring at the lights.

all of my lights worked on my boat when it was hooked to my truck but when i hooked it to another truck i had that same problem as you did and my best guess was that it was the truck harness.

Ran into that exact problem today. It was a bad ground where the lights bolt to the frame. Found it by running an auxiliary ground wire from one of the light housing bolts to the ground up front at the truck.

Latest posts