Tubby Tubby Weight loss challenge 2011

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bad week for me....During the previous week, I lost three pounds and hit my all time recent low. This week, I added back 2.8 lbs of that. Woe is me!

Of course, I ate a big plate of Jambalaya; I had some Chinese Happy family; added in some Mexican seafood enchiladas during the week...AND...I am not even mentioning the couple of beers and a wine or two every evening......they all might have contributed to my murdering my new-found weight-loss record.

Oh well, another week started today. Light cereal breakfast; grilled chicken with coleslaw for lunch...and a bowl of soup for dinner might get me back on track. Back up to 251.4; down from 270 December 1, 2010. Rich

p.s. conversation at the WW meeting was about "mixing it up" i.e. don't eat the same things for breakfast; lunch; and dinner over and over. You, and your body, will get bored and you will fail.

Hmmm ... nothing I ate last week was boring...sure was good, too! Ha Ha

A single excerpt from the.... Eat This, Not That..... email that I get every day. Yee Gods and little fishes... I have eaten at least half of the 37 bad dinners that they listed today....Yikes....Rich

The 37 Worst Restaurant Dinners in America
#1. On The Border Southwest Chicken Tacos with Creamy Red Chile Sauce

1,580 calories
87 g fat (22 g saturated)
3,360 mg sodium

135 g carbohydrates

On the Border is a subsidiary of the same company that also owns Chili's and Romano's Macaroni Grill, so it should come as no surprise how potentially detrimental its menu can be. By simply picking the wrong tacos, you'll end up with a half a day's worth of calories and more than a day's worth of fat and sodium. Keep it light and play it safe with a tasty chicken salad and a side of guacamole.

Eat This Instead!

On The Border Citrus Chicken Salad with Mango Citrus Vinaigrette and Guacamole

340 calories
9 g fat (3 g saturated)
930 mg sodium
45 g carbohydrates
26 g protein
14 g fiber

Man what an awesome challenge and accomplishment!

I have been overweight my whole life, and back about 5 weeks ago we decided to change our eating style at home. I have dropped 15 pounds since and steadily losing about 3 pounds a week by just chaning my eating habits. I work from 7-4 and then school 6:20-11:30 Monday-Friday so I dont' have much workout time yet but I'm almost done with school.

I am looking long term to get to those 36 pants myself, I am currently in 44's and have been for several years, but I also hit my highest weight last year at 326. I am currently 303, and can feel the improvement already.

Since meth isn't an option I'll keep doing what I am doing and keep you posted on it. I love seeing the change....oh and I did put on a pretty comfortable size 42 the other day :D

Bufford

January 1, 2011 - 246.8 pounds House scales...They LIE! :LOL2:
January 7, 2011 - 239.0 even 7.8 pounds. Good but it will slow down now going forward.
January 14, 2011 - 232.4 6.6 pounds this week. I hit the Gym every day and killed myself shoveling this week :LOL2:
January 21, 2011 - 230.2 2.2 pounds this week. This is where I need to be weekly, but I was hoping for more! :D
January 28, 2011 - 227.5 2.7 pounds this week. The 4 hour shoveling yesterday helped this along for sure!
February 4, 2011 - 227.7 up 2 ounces! :shock: This bummed me out a little because I did not cheat. I did however feast on a baked ham all week and some homemade chili. So I am wondering if this is sodium/water retention. I must say though all my clothes are fitting even losser this week. Maybe all the snow shoveling is causing me to pack on some serious dense muscle mass. :LOL2:
February 11, 2011 - 229.7 No comments, except that I have been focused since Tuesday. Better results will happen next Friday I hope.
February 18, 2011 - 226 Even 3.7 pounds this week. I busted my rear this week working out. I started jogging too on the treadmill. I ran just over a mile at 6mph. It felt awesome, but I was sore for 2 days after.
February 25, 2011 - 226.7 up 7 ounces. How? I have no idea. Very aggravating though. I worked out even harder and ran 3 times this week on top of my daily elliptical 35 minutes. :evil:
March 4, 2011 - 225.7 Down 1 pound from last week. I finally broke that 225.X. Very happy. Now my next short term goal is 220. I am confident with warmer weather coming that these "small" Loses per week will be a little bigger by being outside with the kids, yard clean up, trips to the park.....fishing. Anything but sitting cooped up in a house all winter long.

richg99 said:
A single excerpt from the.... Eat This, Not That..... email that I get every day. Yee Gods and little fishes... I have eaten at least half of the 37 bad dinners that they listed today....Yikes....Rich

The 37 Worst Restaurant Dinners in America
#1. On The Border Southwest Chicken Tacos with Creamy Red Chile Sauce

1,580 calories
87 g fat (22 g saturated)
3,360 mg sodium

135 g carbohydrates

On the Border is a subsidiary of the same company that also owns Chili's and Romano's Macaroni Grill, so it should come as no surprise how potentially detrimental its menu can be. By simply picking the wrong tacos, you'll end up with a half a day's worth of calories and more than a day's worth of fat and sodium. Keep it light and play it safe with a tasty chicken salad and a side of guacamole.

Eat This Instead!

On The Border Citrus Chicken Salad with Mango Citrus Vinaigrette and Guacamole

340 calories
9 g fat (3 g saturated)
930 mg sodium
45 g carbohydrates
26 g protein
14 g fiber

Eat This, Not That is a great book to have if you wanna shed a little weight while eating at restaurants and even fast food... I was looking at it the other day and was surprised that most things fast food places say are healthier are actually not! LOL

re Eat this, Not that...........I never bought the book. I did sign up for the free daily newsletter. I get a LOT of info from their daily advice.

I know me, I probably would never actually read the whole book. I would buy a Android app if they came out with one. That would be great..... to go into a restaurant and check out what would be better choices.

Here is the LINK to the free newsletter. regards, Rich

https://www.menshealth.com/cda/custom.do?incFile=etntnl.jsp&cm_mmc=ETNTNL-_-2011_03_03-_-HTML-_-etntnews

Excerpt from Eat this, Not that newsletter .. rich

4. Beware of Portion Distortion

Snack portions aren’t the only things that have increased wildly in size. Since 1977, hamburgers have increased by 97 calories, French fries by 68 calories, and Mexican foods by 133 calories, according to analysis of the Nationwide Food Consumption Survey.

A study published in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine looked at 63,380 individuals’ drinking habits over a span of 19 years. The results show that for children ages 2 to 18, portions of sweetened beverages increased from 13.1 ounces in 1977 to 18.9 ounces in 1996.

One easy way to short-circuit this growing trend? Buy smaller bowls and cups. A recent study at the Children’s Nutrition Research Center in Houston, Texas, shows that 5- and 6-year-old children will consume a third more calories when presented with a larger portion. The findings are based on a sample of 53 children who were served either 1- or 2-cup portions of macaroni and cheese.

Starting Weight - 253.4
Jan 7 - 244.5
Jan 14 - 240.2
Jan 21 - 239
Jan 28 - 237.2
Feb 5 - 237.2 (New Scale)
Feb 11 - 233.4
Feb 18 - 235
Feb 24 - 235
Mar 4 - 235.2

I'm stuck at 235 looking for better weather.

worminken said:
Saturday is my start day and I plan on weighing (less) each Saturday morning. My starting weight is between 240-245. I'll let you know Saturday.
1-1-11 - 245.2
1-8-11 - 238.7
1-15-11 - 236.2
1-22-11 - 234.6
1-29-11 - 232.3
2-5-11 - 231.8
2-12-11 - 230.6
2-19-11 - 228.00
2-26-11 - 227.7
3-4-11 - 226.1
Like Jim said, maybe the warmer weather will help. Still, a pound and a half is nothing to be ashamed of.

I am now 100% convinced that my slow loss is because I am not eating enough. Starting today I am going to eat more. No Balogna. I have been eating 1500-1800 calories per day (Sticking closer to 1500) but I have been working out 6-7 days per week at least 30 minutes.

https://www.shapeup.org/interactive/rmr1.php

My RMR I should be eating 1975 calories per day (If not more).

Neat site Jim. I put my stats in and it says I should be eating 1927 calories. My new free android app...myfitnesspal....gives me the same number, pretty much, at 1920 calories.

The my-fitness-pal app, which I recently loaded, I like very much. It helps me keep track of calories and exercise activities daily.

I am doing this in addition to WeightWatchers. WW doesn't keep track of calories, just their own "points" system. We'll see how the two systems compare over time. I wouldn't mind saving the money that I am paying to WW if the other system does the same job. For now the monthly cost of WW is worth it to me, though.

Good luck, Rich

I know Im 2 months and 7 days late on this but Im in! Its been something on my mind and just need to get motivated to do it. I actually spoke with my fiance' about this because her mother has very high blood pressure and I mentioned how she has exercise equipment in the house and just doesnt use it. So it prompted me to make it a priority to hit the exercise bike downstairs today! 5'9" and #195, want to get back in shape for the police dept physical agility course and for my own health. My goal is to get down to 180.

Weighed in at WW this afternoon. Good news was I lost a pound and a bit in one week. Down to 250 from 270 starting Dec 1. Bad news is that I am still higher than my lowest weight just a few weeks ago.

Still seem to be plateaued. I am doing more exercising and seem to be eating less AND healthier...but...the plateau doesn't seem to budge. Well, as I suggested a week or so ago...I must be turning fat into muscle, which weighs more...Ha! regards, Rich

p.s. Going in for an MRI on Monday for a possible meniscus tear in my knee. If that theory proves to be true, recovery from the minor operation will take me off of my exercise program for a while.
Bah humbug...RG

So, here is my story and I am sticking to it. I worked out like a madman this week, going to the gym 6 days and doing 35 minutes of elliptical. I also went for an hour long walk every day this week during lunch break. Food wise I stayed at just under 400 calories 5 times per day. The only time I cheated was last Friday nights dinner. No joke.

The only thing I can think of is water retention. We cooked one of those spiral hams on Monday and I incorporated it into every meal(because I have come to the point in my life where I hate throwing food away and having kids.........there is allot of waste). I did some research and they say the more you exercise and walk, the more lean muscle your building. I cant see myself gaining almost 2 pounds of muscle in a week..If that was the case I would be selling my secret to bodybuilders. :LOL2:

So is it water retention from the sodium? Eating too much(under 2000 calories per day)? Who knows, I'm frustrated.

January 1, 2011 - 246.8 pounds House scales...They LIE! :LOL2:
January 7, 2011 - 239.0 even 7.8 pounds. Good but it will slow down now going forward.
January 14, 2011 - 232.4 6.6 pounds this week. I hit the Gym every day and killed myself shoveling this week :LOL2:
January 21, 2011 - 230.2 2.2 pounds this week. This is where I need to be weekly, but I was hoping for more! :D
January 28, 2011 - 227.5 2.7 pounds this week. The 4 hour shoveling yesterday helped this along for sure!
February 4, 2011 - 227.7 up 2 ounces! :shock: This bummed me out a little because I did not cheat. I did however feast on a baked ham all week and some homemade chili. So I am wondering if this is sodium/water retention. I must say though all my clothes are fitting even losser this week. Maybe all the snow shoveling is causing me to pack on some serious dense muscle mass. :LOL2:
February 11, 2011 - 229.7 No comments, except that I have been focused since Tuesday. Better results will happen next Friday I hope.
February 18, 2011 - 226 Even 3.7 pounds this week. I busted my rear this week working out. I started jogging too on the treadmill. I ran just over a mile at 6mph. It felt awesome, but I was sore for 2 days after.
February 25, 2011 - 226.7 up 7 ounces. How? I have no idea. Very aggravating though. I worked out even harder and ran 3 times this week on top of my daily elliptical 35 minutes. :evil:
March 4, 2011 - 225.7 Down 1 pound from last week. I finally broke that 225.X. Very happy. Now my next short term goal is 220. I am confident with warmer weather coming that these "small" Loses per week will be a little bigger by being outside with the kids, yard clean up, trips to the park.....fishing. Anything but sitting cooped up in a house all winter long.
March 11, 2011 - 227.5 Enough to make me want to quit. Up almost 2 pounds

Latest posts