Tubby Tubby Weight loss challenge 2011

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Starting Weight - 253.4
Jan 7 - 244.5
Jan 14 - 240.2
Jan 21 - 239
Jan 28 - 237.2
Feb 5 - 237.2 (New Scale)
Feb 11 - 233.4

I'm down 3.8 pounds this week and 20 overall. 3.8 pounds is to much for one week, I haven't had much of an appetite and haven't been sleeping well, I'll have to watch the food intake this week.

Interesting discussion at WW this week. Talked about differentiating between being HUNGRY and wanting to eat...and....... being FRUSTRATED/BORED/ ETC. and wanting to eat.

Seems that, lots of times, we eat because of non-food factors. Also seems that the "not really hungry" times are when we BINGE eat.

One suggestion was to just eat an apple. Mostly, apples will cure the hunger part for a while. If you are still ravenous...it is probably not HUNGER that is doing it.

One catch phrase was "If hunger is not the problem...then food is not the solution"... I thought that was pretty good. Rich

worminken said:
worminken said:
worminken said:
Saturday is my start day and I plan on weighing (less) each Saturday morning. My starting weight is between 240-245. I'll let you know Saturday.
1-1-11 - 245.2
1-8-11 - 238.7
1-15-11 - 236.2
1-22-11 - 234.8
1-29-11 - 232.3
2-5-11 -231.8 Beats a gain
2-12-11 - 230.6 Another week, another pound

Hmmm Many of our "losing weight graphs" look like the stock market charts. Lots of fits and starts ....................... always "climbing ( or descending) a wall of worry". ............and.....eventual success.

At least our charts point down... that is a good thing for weight. Ha Rich

p.s. I hit my lowest unofficial weight on my personal scale this morning. I'll have to see if I can keep that number until the official weigh-in mid-week, though.

Back on track! \:D/ 3.7 pounds this week AND I am eating more!

January 1, 2011 - 246.8 pounds House scales...They LIE! :LOL2:
January 7, 2011 - 239.0 even 7.8 pounds. Good but it will slow down now going forward.
January 14, 2011 - 232.4 6.6 pounds this week. I hit the Gym every day and killed myself shoveling this week :LOL2:
January 21, 2011 - 230.2 2.2 pounds this week. This is where I need to be weekly, but I was hoping for more! :D
January 28, 2011 - 227.5 2.7 pounds this week. The 4 hour shoveling yesterday helped this along for sure!
February 4, 2011 - 227.7 up 2 ounces! :shock: This bummed me out a little because I did not cheat. I did however feast on a baked ham all week and some homemade chili. So I am wondering if this is sodium/water retention. I must say though all my clothes are fitting even losser this week. Maybe all the snow shoveling is causing me to pack on some serious dense muscle mass. :LOL2:
February 11, 2011 - 229.7 No comments, except that I have been focused since Tuesday. Better results will happen next Friday I hope.
February 18, 2011 - 226 Even 3.7 pounds this week. I busted my rear this week working out. I started jogging too on the treadmill. I ran just over a mile at 6mph. It felt awesome, but I was sore for 2 days after.

Way to go Jim! Man a mile at 6mph is a kicking butt. After walking/jogging for the past 2 1/2 months I can jog for 2 miles but only at 3.8 to 4mph.

Keep it up!

Starting Weight - 253.4
Jan 7 - 244.5
Jan 14 - 240.2
Jan 21 - 239
Jan 28 - 237.2
Feb 5 - 237.2 (New Scale)
Feb 11 - 233.4
Feb 18 - 235

+1.6 pounds for the week. I would like to blame this on the Girl Scouts and their **** cookies, but it was me throwing Thin Mints down my throat not them.

I found soft plastics on clearance at Walmart last night, so at least my wallet is lighter.

worminken said:
Saturday is my start day and I plan on weighing (less) each Saturday morning. My starting weight is between 240-245. I'll let you know Saturday.
1-1-11 - 245.2
1-8-11 - 238.7
1-15-11 - 236.2
1-22-11 - 234.6
1-29-11 - 232.3
2-5-11 - 231.8
2-12-11 - 230.6
2-19-11 - 228.00
I'm still headed in the right direction.

12/01 - 227.5
12/29 - 217.0
01/05 - 214.6
01/12 - 214.6 (great considering we traveled, ate like pigs, deserts every meal,and I was up 4.5 pounds on Monday)
1/19 - 215 Next week, it's 210 or bust!
1/26 - 210.8!!!!
2/3 - 210.8
Held at 210 for a couple of weeks.
2/19 - 208.6 - finally going in the right direction again

I haven't been in the single digits (+200) since I was playing basketball 4 times a week and that was only down to 205. This is awesome!

Yea. I got down to 251.6 (Wednesday's WW official with clothes on) which is my lowest in many years. This group "therapy" helps a lot, too.

On my personal scale, this morning, I was down to 243.4. Unfortunately, the ladies at WW would take some offense if I showed up... without clothes..... at the meeting. Ha ha Rich

Down a pound this week from 177.2 to 176.2. Yesterday morning I stepped on the scale and it said 177.8 which I wasn't too happy with so I went out and took a 10 mile hike. My handy dandy Android app CardioTrainer said I burned a little over a 1000 calories. Even with staying hydrated I dropped over a pound. I'm a bit sore this morning but I really enjoyed the hike. Between Atlanta and Birmingham there's an old commuter train track that has been converted to a walking/biking path called the Silver Comet trail. I live just 2 miles away from one of the entry points. Very cool place to walk.

Hmmmm.... I think ill join you guys 6' 140. need to get back my washboard abs for the coming spring. I just started my first year of college last semester and i got here at 135. Everyone told me i would gain 15 haha :lol: but ill show them!

Gib said:
Hmmmm.... I think ill join you guys 6' 140. need to get back my washboard abs for the coming spring. I just started my first year of college last semester and i got here at 135. Everyone told me i would gain 15 haha :lol: but ill show them!

comedian eh? :LOL2:

One day the electricity is going to shut off and...your going to get to slow down, get old and fat. Then you will come find me and I will say....."I told you so" :wink:
:LOL2:

You might consider signing up for this site. It is a tie-in to the Eat this..Not that...book publisher.

https://eatthis.menshealth.com/slideshow/20-worst-restaurant-foods-america?cm_mmc=ETNTNL-_-2011_02_21-_-HTML-_-1

Every day, I get a free email showing some of the best and some of the worst possible food choices. Today's email featured the WORST restaurant foods. I've copied couple of them below.

I knew some of this stuff was bad for me...but....WOW! regards, Rich

IHOP Colorado Omelette

1,890 calories
47 g saturated fat
4,200 mg sodium
130 g carbohydrates

Colorado is the leanest state in America, so it seems unlikely that its citizens are eating many of these omelets. Nevertheless, IHOP claims the Centennial State as the source of inspiration for this egregious egg envelope. The state’s Attorney General might consider pursuing libel charges against the restaurant—after all, their namesake dish packs more calories than six Egg McMuffins.

T.G.I. Friday's BBQ Chicken Wrap

1,720 calories

This wrap seems to have been engineered with the goal of packing in extra calories. It employs a one-two punch of the two fattiest sauces known to man: ranch dressing and mayonnaise. And if that’s not enough, it’s served with even more ranch on the side to satisfy all your dipping fancies. You’d be better off housing three Big Macs than tussling with this felonious fowl.

Worst Steak Dinner
IHOP Top Sirloin Steak

2,380 calories
42 g saturated fat
5,220 mg sodium

In the world of beef, sirloin is one of the good guys. Unless it’s not, which is the case at IHOP. But don’t blame the beef. Here, as is so often the case with commercially prepared steaks, the meat suffers by association. IHOP adds an inexplicable blanket of provolone cheese and a heaping scoop of fried potatoes and buttered toast to the party. The result of these add-ons is six Milky Ways’ worth of saturated fat and five full Pringles cans’ worth of sodium.

Jim said:
Gib said:

comedian eh? :LOL2:

One day the electricity is going to shut off and...your going to get to slow down, get old and fat. Then you will come find me and I will say....."I told you so" :wink:
:LOL2:

Eh Ive heard that one too we will see Jim we will see. Mark my words, I will not give in to the donut and ice cream!!

Or wait maybe i should just enjoy while i can hahaha :LOL2:

Latest posts