Tubby Tubby Weight loss challenge 2011

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wait till you get ahold of some hot and fresh krispy kreams... that's what started my downfall.

BTW, unoffical weigh-in this morning showed me at 207 - or in other words TWENTY POUNDS gone! Basically that's burning 70,000 calories more than I took in, or 466 cans of Dr. Pepper., :shock:

One of my sons used to go to a local gym. While peddling the stationary bike one day, he was drinking a coke. It wasn't unusual for him to drink one or two cokes every time he participated in some sport or exercise.

As he looked down at the exercise bike's screen...the screen told him that he had peddled away a high number of calories. At the same time, he looked down at the can of coke that he held in his hand...it was almost the same number of calories that he had just wasted an hour losing!

What a deal...peddle for an hour...and take in the same amount of calories while he was peddling to lose weight!!!. Not a good plan.

Even though he HATED the taste of diet stuff, he forced himself to make the switch to diet coke. He still keeps in good shape...and...drinks diet soft drinks. regards, rich

You should google diet soda and dieting. It is proven that diet soda drinkers usually have larger mid-sections than non-diet drinkers. Also there is lots of info on burning calories vs storing fat and the confusion diet soda causes on the body. I tried it for a week and couldn't stop snacking. I was dead tired and needed energy!

Well, I don't drink much of either of them. However, given the choice between 100/200 calories per can and no calories per can....I'll take no calories per can.

Or, just don't drink them at all. Besides, beer/wine tastes better to me. I have to keep track of beer/wine for WW...and that keeps me in line most of the time. ..... As I sit here sipping on a 110 calorie Bud Light Lime!!! .... Ha! Rich

My old man was in college a long time ago and had four twenty ounce dr peppers a day. He had begun too gain alot of weight and was trying too figure out what he could cut from his diet. He was around 19 then and decided to calculate the calories per day of just the soft drink. After calculating this and his weight gain per day he realized he would have been soo fat he would have been dead by age 40. needless too say he drinks only tea and coffee. :lol: (He is a doctor so he calculated this after a science class one day) I played football, basketball and ran track a long time ago in highschool (last year :lol:) and i only drink water. I have watched my friends around me begin too get out of shape and i have basically stayed the same. just drinking things such as milk and water and fruit juice will help out a lot with taking in less calories. i really stopped eating sweets as well. (I dont want to grow wider :) ) I have too say i still play basketball everyday and if anything helps its an hour or two of full court basketball haha :lol:

Yea..... since I started this, I have been making a pot of de-caf coffee every morning. With lo-cal dry creamer...and sweet & low...there isn't much in the way of calories.

Now, even when i go fishing, i load it up in a thermos. It takes the place of drinking all of the water that everyone recommends. I never drank so much of it before..... as I have the last two months. Seems to help a lot.

That, and eating apples and bananas, in lieu of a big bag of Dorito Chips, works better for me.

Rich

1-5-11 275
1-14 266.7
1-21 266.6
1-28 264.4.
2-4 265.6
2-11 264.2
2-18 262

I've been steady at it, just gett tied up and forgetting to enter my weight on here. This is the last week of a 6 week boot camp I've been going to with my wife. They make you feel like a wimp at times. Been working out several times per week was hoping to have weight dropping faster but its been tough but it's forward progress.

248.6 on Wednesday on WW's official scale. That is down 3 lbs this week and down 21.4 lbs. from my start on Dec 6 at 270 lbs. I would have bet that I added a bit before the weigh-in.

Good meeting this week, too. Lots of discussion about PORTION CONTROL. Seems that my idea of a "cup" of something.... differs from a real "cup" size. Oh well. I am still doing OK considering my profound lack of measuring ability.

The meeting leader had a great story about someone who came to him and showed him his "chart". It showed that he had eaten the right points..... and he still gained weight.

The challenge was issued to go, for one week, and buy ANY pre-packaged weight-watcher point-rated and sized foods. Didn't matter what foods. Just so the packages had real weights and sizes...and they had real WW points shown on the package.. Eat the specified number of points of any meals that the guy wanted.

At the end of the week....guess what...the guy lost weight.

Just showed that his portions were bigger than the allowed amount..hence...he gained rather than lost.

Darn, they are on to me!!!

Ha ...Rich

Exxcellent job Rich!

I purchased a scale so I could measure portion controls. I want to cry every time I weigh out a "Single serving" of something. Whether it be cereal, crackers, cheese, beef.

Before the scale I would of probably eaten 4-5 (if not more) of each serving. For example I eat low fat wheat Thin crackers. 16 crackers is a serving :LOL2: Normally 16 crackers is a mouth full on the way to chowing down half the box. Portion control is where it is at, it just stinks :LOL2:

Jim...Yea..I fully agree.

I have found that by using the "no points" foods... ( apples; bananas; veggies; water; diet soda. etc.) that I can stuff myself and feel full. I try to eat an apple before supper. Seems to work. Never much liked apples before. Some of them can taste pretty good. Lots of new varieties at the store that I never heard of. Rich

January 1, 2011 - 246.8 pounds House scales...They LIE! :LOL2:
January 7, 2011 - 239.0 even 7.8 pounds. Good but it will slow down now going forward.
January 14, 2011 - 232.4 6.6 pounds this week. I hit the Gym every day and killed myself shoveling this week :LOL2:
January 21, 2011 - 230.2 2.2 pounds this week. This is where I need to be weekly, but I was hoping for more! :D
January 28, 2011 - 227.5 2.7 pounds this week. The 4 hour shoveling yesterday helped this along for sure!
February 4, 2011 - 227.7 up 2 ounces! :shock: This bummed me out a little because I did not cheat. I did however feast on a baked ham all week and some homemade chili. So I am wondering if this is sodium/water retention. I must say though all my clothes are fitting even losser this week. Maybe all the snow shoveling is causing me to pack on some serious dense muscle mass. :LOL2:
February 11, 2011 - 229.7 No comments, except that I have been focused since Tuesday. Better results will happen next Friday I hope.
February 18, 2011 - 226 Even 3.7 pounds this week. I busted my rear this week working out. I started jogging too on the treadmill. I ran just over a mile at 6mph. It felt awesome, but I was sore for 2 days after.
February 25, 2011 - 226.7 up 7 ounces. How? I have no idea. Very aggravating though. I worked out even harder and ran 3 times this week on top of my daily elliptical 35 minutes. :evil:

Starting Weight - 253.4
Jan 7 - 244.5
Jan 14 - 240.2
Jan 21 - 239
Jan 28 - 237.2
Feb 5 - 237.2 (New Scale)
Feb 11 - 233.4
Feb 18 - 235
Feb 24 - 235

Weighed in at an even 235 again today, I'm not sure how this happened as I've been off track for two weeks now. I need a break in this weather so I can hit the road, I hate running on the treadmill.

richg99 said:
With all of us reaching plateaus....AND working out more and more....perhaps we are turning fat into muscle. Muscle weighs more, I have been told. Rich

I hope so Rich. My clothes are looser than they have ever been however. When I started this a few years back I was wearing a size 46 pants. :shock:

I am down to a size 38 and some of my jeans are even loose at size 38. I hope its a little muscle and water retention. This is my time I need to stay focused.

5' 7" and was 225 lbs to start the year, down to 205. Keep it up! My goal is 175lbs by June, but my build won't allow it. Muscle certainly weighs more than fat, but when I burn the fat off I keep gaining muscle mass no matter what exercise path I choose.

worminken said:
Saturday is my start day and I plan on weighing (less) each Saturday morning. My starting weight is between 240-245. I'll let you know Saturday.
1-1-11 - 245.2
1-8-11 - 238.7
1-15-11 - 236.2
1-22-11 - 234.6
1-29-11 - 232.3
2-5-11 - 231.8
2-12-11 - 230.6
2-19-11 - 228.00
2-26-11 - 227.7
From losing pounds to losing ounces. Still, it beats a gain

1-5-11 275
1-14 266.7
1-21 266.6
1-28 264.4.
2-4 265.6
2-11 264.2
2-18 262
2-25 262

no weight loss this week. Disapointing, but not a gain. that is good.

12/31/10 @ 248.5
1/3/11 @ 248
1/10/11 @ 249 - Up 1 pound.... need to get more active and snack less...
1/13/11 @ 246.5 - Did some snow shovelin....
1/17/11 @ 243.5 - Now my next goal is 240...could not get there last time...
1/28/11 @ 248 - Major setback... unexpected shi@# happens.. fell of the wagon.. was eating wrong to help deal with the shi@#... time to get back on the right track...
2/10/11 @ 243 - Back down to where 240 is in my sights... one good thing about all the snow is that even with a snowblower I worked and swetted off the pounds...
2/28/11 @ 240.5 - Wow.. I did not realize it has been so long since my last post... I guess time also flys when you are not having fun...this is the closest I have been yet to my 1st goal of 240 or less...Have not lost much overall but at leat have not gained over my start weight...

Outdoorsman.

Latest posts