Turkey Swamp - NJ 6-28-10

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robr3004

Reaction score
Since they were calling for thunderstorms in the afternoon, I decided to take the Kayak out for the first trip of the year. I didn't want to take the boat out and have rain dumped in it from a downpour since I'm taking it out today. Good thing I didn't take it out because with the amount of rain that came down, my boat would have been filled with water.

After the rain stopped I took the Kayak out to Turkey Swamp. This lake is loaded with tiny bass you can catch a ton of and some nice chunks. Fished for about an hour and managed 10 little guys then noticed some water under my seat. At first I thought it was from crossing my paddle over the opening but then quickly realizes I had 2 inches of water in the back.....so I high-tailed it to the shore and I had about 5 gallons of water. As soon as I pulled up on the shore, I found the leak. I pushed it a little and a 1 inch piece broke out!!!!!! lucky for me I didn't hit anything on the water or I would have been swimming back. :shock:

The photo is the average size bass in this lake and they are Aggressive. They hit hard and run with the bait. All of the fish were caught on a 4 inch Senco in any color....they don't care....soon as something hits the water, they attack!!!.

Attachments

• IMG_3306_576x768.JPG
    IMG_3306_576x768.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 85

Latest posts