Unusual Food???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahab- Head Cheese is worth trying if it's fresh and store made with horseradish and cracked mustard on rye plus a cold one to wash it down with MMMMMMMMM!!! **** this Diet!!!!

I have never eaten anything too odd, just the typical wild game and squirrels, groundhog, and other trash game. I like squirrel a lot, they were my favorite small game when I was a kid, still are for that matter. I love buffalo, the burgers aren't so great, but a rare tenderloin pan fried is excellent. Not to mention it is super high in protein and is super lean, hence the reason for rare cooking.

I have probably eaten tons of other stuff because at my uncle's house every meal is wild. Between him and my cousin they shoot easily 20 deer a year, and eat every part of them. I don't ask what I am eating, I just eat it, they know how to cook it to make it good, whatever it may be :?

The most unusual thing I have eaten would have to be a tick full of dog blood. When was younger than 1yr old, my mom found me chewing on a bloated tick. My mouth was full of blood, she always said that I must have thought it was a raisin :lol: Who knows what weird disease I have, I have never been quite right #-o

jkbirocz said:
The most unusual thing I have eaten would have to be a tick full of dog blood. When was younger than 1yr old, my mom found me chewing on a bloated tick. My mouth was full of blood, she always said that I must have thought it was a raisin :lol: Who knows what weird disease I have, I have never been quite right #-o
Yummy!!!! Tick-lets.

shamoo said:
jkbirocz said:
Yummy!!!! Tick-lets.

mmmmm........

1537.jpg

How about raw lamb liver with salt? Not that great but worth trying

You got to eat it while the heart is practically still beating

Crow (literally and figuratively)
Starling
Longnose gar
Smoked goat innards. Don't ask. I ate them in Bosnia to avoid offending my host and they were considered a delicacy. Maybe to them, but I'm pretty sure the part of the innards I got came from closer to the back end of the goat than the front.

Deadmeat said:
Crow (literally and figuratively)
Smoked goat innards. Don't ask. I ate them in Bosnia to avoid offending my host and they were considered a delicacy. Maybe to them, but I'm pretty sure the part of the innards I got came from closer to the back end of the goat than the front.

Greeks do that with the Easter lamb on the spit. It's actually pretty good...except for the liver parts. I hate liver.

kokoretsi.JPG

After seeing what you guys have been eating... I consider myself very well sheltered. Nope, not gonna eat any guts or brains or anyof that "exotic" stuff. Not sucking the head on crayfish and reproductive organs are not on my "to do" list. Most unusual for me was most likely a goat burger while in Grenada or fried Conch Fritters in Barbados.

Even though most of these replies are meat topics,I thought I would go ahead and ask if you all tried tators & eggs?? It's one of my favorites and after I asked a few (7 or 8) people at work if they liked it they said they had never even heard of it :shock: So,if you have tried it,whatdya think and if you aint.................try it,you'll like it!!