"upholstery screws"

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

russo

Reaction score
is this the right name for the screws a lot of you use on your boats?
it looks like a screw inside a beveled washer and tends to be put on after something has been carpeted

the boat in these pictures uses a bunch: https://tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1859

ive been to 3 automotive stores, home depot and lowes and they look at me like i have 3 heads when i ask for "upholstery screws"
(and i have no idea where i got that name from)

what in the world is the correct name?

They are not "upholstery" screws - they are simply a round-head screw with a recessed washer. You know, I've used these type of washers for years on various applications - mostly for a "finished" look, but for the life of me, I can't remember the exact name for them. You can easily find them in the hardware section of any hardware store, Menards, Lowes, Home Depot, etc.

Just to make sure, ask the clerk about the "oval-head" screws which fit into the recessed washer properly. The only other consideration is the water element - see if you can find the screws and washers in stainless or aluminum - or you'll be dealing with rust after a while.

haha oh man i wonder where the heck i came up with that name :lol:

thank you very much!

I've used them before. Home Depot calls them a "Finishing Washer"

countersunk-finishing-washer.jpg

Yep, finishing washer - now just look up "oval" head screws and you'll see how they fit into the washer and you'll be all set to go......

Latest posts