Vendetta

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breachless

Reaction score
I just picked up the Abu Garcia Vendetta rod this afternoon for my baitcaster reel and holy smokes! Just casting in the back yard I can see a huge difference in distance. I grabbed the 7' MH rod. I LOVE IT.

Hopefully I still feel that way when I get it out on the water! Anyone else here have any experience with the Vendetta? Thoughts?

Bought one for my wife for Mother's Day. I have been doing my best to keep my hands off it, but man it is a sweet rod! Gonna get one for myself when the time is right. This rod is going to make history.

Yeah it seems like a really great rod. I went in there with the intentions of buying a Mojo Bass or the Skeet Reese rod, but I honestly liked the way the Vendetta felt the most, and it was $20 cheaper than the Mojo Bass, which gave me an extra $20 to replenish my supply of plastics. Very nice!

I just hope it lasts... Last time I spent the cash on a higher end rod, I snagged a boulder out on Lake Winnie during the Walleye opener and the wind blew the boat right over the top of the boulder and snapped the rod in half like a twig! I was so heartbroken that I vowed to never spend more than $50 on a rod ever again...

Also got a new tackle bag: I have been using the old-school Plano tackle box for years and decided it's time to upgrade to something that I can easily sling over my shoulder for when I hike down to the river for smallies. The wife wasn't too happy with my $200 spending spree at Gander Mountain, but she will get over it sooner or later... I hope... #-o

Many of those quality rods offer a replacement/discount on broken rods.

Which rod was it? Where did you buy it?

It was a Bionix rod I bought at WalMart when they were around the $80 mark quite a few years ago. I figured I was well outside of the warranty, and I knew the people at WalMart wouldn't do anything about it since I had had it for more than a year and didn't even have a receipt anymore (but only fished with it maybe 3 or 4 times...)

I suppose I could have contacted Berkley, but I just kind of dropped the ball there I guess...

Side note: you can pick up those Berkely Bionix rods at WalMart for pretty cheap nowadays, and I will say that as a walleye rod, those things are RIDICULOUSLY sensitive. If you are ever looking for a decent rod for that kind of fishing where sensitivity is key, the Bionix rods are pretty **** good for the price: you feel EVERYTHING that touches your bait. Just don't snag in a pile of boulders on a windy day!

ahhhh....

Yes, I think they discontinued that rod. I remember seeing them for sale for $40 and holding it and thinking to myself... "This feels good for $40" but I never bought one. After reading your review, I'll have to take a look next time I'm in there and see if they still have them.

I wanted to get the Vendetta when I picked up my revo. The shop only had the 7'-6 heavy. That is way big for my taste and my boat is only 11'-6 long. **** shame

Well I got to break it in today on more Pike than I can count... And 2 bass. I like it so far! Very very sensitive compared to what I had on before (duh) but it really seemed to have that backbone you want when fighting a big northern pike or bass in the weeds. Very happy thus far. $80 well spent.

The Vendetta seemed like a perfect rod for me until I realized how huge the screw-down part of the reel seat is. I tried it with a reel and the edge of it sat right where my finger goes.. woulda driven me nuts :shock:

FYI, the Bionix rods are $52 at the Walmart near me. They had about a dozen when I went over the weekend. I don't think it was the $40 rod I was referring to above.

Ive got the 7ft MH Vendetta and I like it. I have caught some lunkers on it too and it manhandled them. Plus it looks sweet. My only complaint is that the rod butt is metal which means in an aluminum boat if you set your rod down to adjust or pick off weeds it clanks. Won't be a problem in my boat but I fish alot out of a 12 ft aluminum that we leave on the bayou for lack of launch.

Yeah I am really loving this rod... I don't know if it's the norm for nicer rods, but I love the bare spot beneath the reel seat so you can have a finger on the actual rod: it seems to give it just that much more sensitivity. And yes: the rod looks pretty killer!

I do find it odd that it has foam grips though. I guess it feels just fine and all: I just always equated foam grips to cheaper rods.

breachless said:
Yeah I am really loving this rod... I don't know if it's the norm for nicer rods, but I love the bare spot beneath the reel seat so you can have a finger on the actual rod: it seems to give it just that much more sensitivity. And yes: the rod looks pretty killer!

I do find it odd that it has foam grips though. I guess it feels just fine and all: I just always equated foam grips to cheaper rods.

I think thats going to be a pretty popular trend. I didn't like them at first either, but now I can't stand cork.