What "BAIT" if any, do you wish you had, but don't?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bull Shad.

I just can't spend the 55 bucks (which is for the small 5 inch one) that they cost.

I got a chance to fish the 5" bait once, on the creator/company owners boat nonetheless, and all I can say is that it is one awesome bait. Still can't bring myself to buy one, though.

Brine said:
I lost one of these in a brush pile, and if I didn't still have some money to buget for the rest of my build, I'd probably go ahead and get another.

https://e-fishingnews.com/amazing/681

Children are starving all over the world and these rich pricks are actually fishing with a $1,000,000 lure. I hope they drown. That would be more newsworthy.

nathanielrthomas said:
Brine said:
I lost one of these in a brush pile, and if I didn't still have some money to buget for the rest of my build, I'd probably go ahead and get another.

Children are starving all over the world and these rich pricks are actually fishing with a $1,000,000 lure. I hope they drown. That would be more newsworthy.

Ok, my bad. If I would have actually read the article, I would have known it was for breast cancer...Oops.. Belay my last.

nathanielrthomas said:
Brine said:

Children are starving all over the world, and some not quite so rich person from Millington, TN (who still has so much more than some) is actually bass fishing for sport. What a cruel and evil person. He should be ashamed of himself. [-X

Ball rolls both ways. :lol: :lol:

bassboy1 said:
nathanielrthomas said:
Brine said:

Children are starving all over the world, and some not quite so rich person from Millington, TN (who still has so much more than some) is actually bass fishing for sport. What a cruel and evil person. He should be ashamed of himself. [-X

Ball rolls both ways. :lol: :lol:

Deliver food and water to hurricane victims and pick body parts out of rubbish in Haiti while providing medical support to those who are still alive.....Then come tell me about charity work. I was serving soup to the homeless in memphis last month if you want something more stateside.. Im a Navy Corpsman, its my job. I dont get to see the ball rolling like some aspiring boat builder from GA, but feel free to make your observations. Theres no need to get personal brother... And I do like to bass fish when Im in the states.

On a good note, my Christmas leave starts today. Spend some precious time with the family. Ill be in Afghanistan next Christmas. 12 month tours are a bummer.

And if I had to choose a bait, it would be the Mop Jig I lost last week. Caught a lot of fish off that jig. Bought a new one in the same color, but it doesnt have the same mojo... :LOL2:

Diddnt mean to hijack a thread. Im sorry

nathanielrthomas said:
Deliver food and water to hurricane victims and pick body parts out of rubbish in Haiti while providing medical support to those who are still alive.....Then come tell me about charity work. I was serving soup to the homeless in memphis last month if you want something more stateside.. Im a Navy Corpsman, its my job. I dont get to see the ball rolling like some aspiring boat builder from GA, but feel free to make your observations. Theres no need to get personal brother... And I do like to bass fish when Im in the states.

On a good note, my Christmas leave starts today. Spend some precious time with the family. Ill be in Afghanistan next Christmas. 12 month tours are a bummer.

There needs to be a font that dictates good natured ribbing. Was hoping the little yella faces might indicate such. No foul intentions.

The way I see it, though, if someone has the means to spend a million on a piece of fishing tackle, by all means, go ahead. Just because they are spending that on tackle doesn't mean they aren't donating time and money to worthwhile charities, and even if it did mean they aren't, they worked for it, so it makes no matter what they do with it. I'm sure I could catch the exact same fish with less expensive rods and reels, but I personally like to use mid range rods and reels (St. Croix Avid, Daiwa Viento and Abu Revo reels). I'm sure that would be considered unnecessary spending to some, but I'm in a position to afford it without sacrificing more important things, so I buy such. I think the same idea would apply to any item, with any buyer.
Just my 2 cents worth.

BTW, thank you for your service. My hat goes off to ALL of our servicemen and women. :USA1: :USA1:

Back on topic, your post reminded me of a bait I lost in the river this summer. Lucky Craft Pointer that I picked up NIB for cheap years ago, and used and abused it for years, before retiring it, as it was beaten up, and wouldn't run true, missing part of the bill, etc. This spring, I pulled it back out to use in the river, as the river is heck on hardbaits with trebles. I caught more stripers on that thing than I have anything else. Finally broke it off once, and have been annoyed ever since, as nothing else has been quite like that one. Maybe I need to cut part of the bill off of one, and whack it with a hammer a couple times to see if I can mimic the other one.

My bad bassboy, maybe I was a little edgy that day. I took it the wrong way. And I feel ya on that pointer. I had a cheap bill lewis that my dad gave to me that was chrome(I think) at one point. I wore all the paint off of it and it caught fish like crazy. Had to replace the hooks a few times tho. I almost cried when I lost it. It wasnt even on a fish, It just slung off during a cast... :( BTW, Thank you for your support.

freetofish said:
I would like to find another "Dalton Special". This is a lure from the early 60's that was a floater and came from someplace in Florida as best I recall. Great fish catcher......I am down to only one and it looks like it could use a new coat of paint.

https://www.oldfloridalures.com/dalton.htm

I would like a never ending supply of salty sticks from Snack Daddy Lures.....Best stick worms available. I need to break down and buy a bunch at a time since they are hard to find in stock at most shops.

No affiliation-since they are a MI based company.

The other would be a few Stryker Jr's. Even back before the custom bait craze hit (about 20 years ago) the Stryker's were hand numbered and signed by the guy painting that batch.

They are a flat sided shad shaped Musky Jerkbait with action that I have yet to see from another musky jerkbait.....Once my fishing bucks account is reloaded I'm going to post a want ad for a few on Muskiesfirst

I could never fish an $80 bait because I would simply be too afraid to loose it. And I am certain that most baits under $3 can catch more fish than those expensive swimbaits.

Latest posts